IGNORED

Torn bicep

Eddie Fulmer

On 9-11 I was exercising at work and tore my bicep in my right arm. The muscle pulled loose from the bone in my forearm. I am about to go nuts not being able to ride. I get some comfort just listening to her run though. I'll be out of commission until somewhere in Dec. This really sucks!! It's getting worse everyday. Just needed to vent. I'm doing great really. It does make you appreciate having good health and all your limbs working.

Do exactly what the Dr. tells you. If you don't it will take longer to get back on the bike! (Don't ask me how I know) My injury was my Shoulder.

But Hey look on the bright side You're in the south you can ride in December!!

Heck you(we) can ride all year.:thumbsup:

"I am about to go nuts not being able to ride"..... i can certainly relate. on 8-26 i fell at work and destroyed my shoulder - surgery on 9-16 and rehab until who knows when - damaged nerves which control left hand and it is non functional, waiting for EMG - looks like spring at best for me ...if they can get the hand to work. prayers sent your way for a speedy and complete recover. btw ain't getting older just a barrel of monkeys (lol).

Bill,

How long was it before they put you back to work? Everything I read tells me that you won't be 100% for 5-6 months. My Doc is telling me that my time will be around 3 months. I'm worried about it cause I'm a fireman and I may need all I can give at any minute. What say you that have been there before me?

hey eddie, i was out of work for about a month.went back to work with a 10# limit and one hand work only.it was about 3-4 months before i was comfortable doing everything,but still would have days were i just couldn't get comfy.i did mine in oct. and was riding the following spring.one of the things i learned was not to push to hard until you know how your arm will react. it is now three years later and my arm is stronger than ever.good luck,bill

Man I feel for you. That happened to me when I was in the Marine Corps doing a PFT. Tore my right bicep in two. Our flight surgeon hadn't seen anything like that. The muscle actually tore in the middle not where it attached to the bone. Long recovery is ahead, and like others mentioned, do what the doctors say.