IGNORED

I finally figured out the Harley attitude...

BigBoyinMS

Quote from a wise man (saddlebum), posted above:

maybe we should prove it by not painting certain brand rider's with the same brush. Yeh I know I am guilty too but having a member quit because of it has given me cause to think.

As riders we should bond together and maybe apply our efforts to issues that affect all riders.

:thumbsup2:

I'm in.......

eck. you think i would ever bond with a lowly wing rider. you have to be kidding. :rasberry: :rotf::rotf:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently completed a Patriot Guard Mission and a Harley rider rushed up to tell me that something was leaking from my Venture. When I got to the bike I saw a handful of rice under the bike.........Laffed myself silly of course.....and that threw the Harley riders into laughter as well.

Bottom line for me is that I will stop and offer assistance to any biker I see who is on the side of the road and looks to be in trouble.....and yes that includes the 1%'ers as well. If we don't look out for each other in a true fashion of brotherhood then who you think will?

Boomer.....who now has a quart of used motor oil in the saddlebag and is gonna have some fun with a few Harley riders.:D

I personally don't see the problem. If the harley riders can't take the ribbing I challenge everone one of them to sign up for the harley tech talk web site. They haven't seen anything here like the bashing they will see from harley riders. Last night on that site the subject of Buell going out of business came up. Man, I wonder why some harley riders ride harleys. They crusified the moco and many said that if harley didn't get rid of Willie G and make bikes that will keep up with the "Jap" bikes they weren't going to buy another harley. I wonder what the harely riders on here would think of that comment. One comment I thought was funny but would cause a revolt on this site was the fact that the brothers don't like harleys because there isn't enough bling on the harleys and you can't wear a cap at a 45 degree angle. What is next, political correctness? Are we going to have to have a quota of minorities? Get a life. Everyone is born offended today. So all of the offended harley riders, I challenge you to sign up for a harley site and then you will really get offended. I have many friends that have harleys and I insure a lot of harleys. I am asked to ride with them all the time. One of my harley insureds comes in every month to pay his insurance and he looks out the window and ask if I still have that ingdingdingdingdingding bike. I laugh and say yea and it cranks everytime I hit the starter. I don't get offended. Get a life.

herb what's the matter :puzzled: the 1'st gen won't start? :crackup:

don c.

Nah, all this HD bashing has got me thinking I should just sell the Yamaha and be done with it. I looked at the 2010 CVO Ultra Classic SE 110 and man, oh man, what a beautiful piece of mostly American engineering. This sled is right at 40k and I would get it right now but I might be single shortly thereafter; still in the discussion phase with the boss. I may have to decide on the master bedroom or the motorhome shortly. All I can say is that I am having difficulty sleeping with this thing on my mind. People could bash me all they want. But for the time being, the Venture is tango uniform with shifting issues. I am just tired trying to figure out why it shifts so hard. But even in the sad shape this 86 is in, it will still run rings around any 2d Edition and you know it.

I dont really care what people ride. The guy that left the website is and always will be a friend and he emailed me to let me know he was gone..I wish he would not have left but I will keep in touch with him. I think alot of this is in fun but I can see where it would get old.To me its about the friendship....I could have gotten offended the other day at The Sunset Cafe here in Blanco as a BMW MC was parked and I pulled in beside him and parked....He was on the patio walked over and moved his BMW to the other side of the road and parked there..Go Figure? Separate parking spaces ,plenty of room..Oh well.

We can't control what other people do, we can only control what we do. If you read the home page, it states we are the "largest and friendliest Venture and Royal Star site on the Internet". That was one of the reasons I joined, I personally think it is a shame when members leave because of comments made by other members.

Friesman1 tell your friend, that I for one appologize if anything I posted, offended him and hope he will give us another chance.

hey saddlebum...the person we are talking about is not only friesman's friend. he is a friend to many here and was very active on this site. a wonderful person and one i am proud to call a friend. good enough to call a brother...but that might raise some eyebrows.:yikes:

he came looking for me when he heard that i was in his town to buy a "honda". found me at the licensing office and took me home and made me feel like a family member.he used to own a second gen venture till last year, and has recently bought a harley. a paid member still cause he is not the type who would shun his friends just cause he bought a harley. i feel very saddened about him leaving this site and also would very much hope that he reconsiders his decision. lots of people here talk about how we all are a family here, but do we really look out for each others feelings?

let me be clear....( no i dont use Obama's speech writer):smile5: i would love to buy a harley if i could afford it and i bet many here would too, but we just cant afford it. so lets call them sour grapes.:banana:

:2cents: and thanks for listening:canada:

abdul.

I wave at any rider; scooter, bicycle, ricer or Harley, BMW etc. I get waved back at most of the time, sometimes I get ignored, sometimes they just don't see, and some just don't wave...I don't let it bother me.

I ride PGR missions and have never been laughed at or bugged, but if someone threw rice under my bike, I hope I would be quick thinking enough to laugh at that! (thanks for whoever told that one, now I will be prepared!). :)

I have ridden my '86 VR to several Harley dealerships and never was asked to move or leave, or given any guff, but maybe Central US and small town dealerships are easier going?

I have several friends that have a Harley, most also have a different brand in addition. Most agree they actually like the "other" brand better, but love the image of the Harley and the events etc.

I have tried to talk myself into an Ultra Glide and would like to own one some day, even if just for a year to see if I can figure out what they are all about.

I am also a member of the GWRRA and all my "Wing" friends appreciate my Yamaha and are just glad I am riding with them. I proudly have the GWRRA sticker on my bike along with the Venture Riders, STAR and any other club I decide to join, most want your money, and the better ones want you to be with them in person. Most don't care what you ride.

I have seen more acceptance of Harley's on this site than the other way, but if someone gets upset at those kinds of comments, then they have the choice to leave, I appreciate that management wants everyone to get along, but hey, stuff happens. I don't take the Gen I bashing to heart, so if I ever get a Harley, I expect to be able to live with the few odd comments at that time, and if not, I can go elsewhere. Till then, I am happy to be here (and a few other nice places too)! :)

Arrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............................. Trying not to rant here................

I ride an 2001 RSV and I also have an 1981 FLHS, my main baby.................

I WISH someone would TELL me to move my RSV at a Harley Stealer...............:moon:

OK I'm new here but not to MC forums and the same thing goes on, on any MC metric forum.I like all bikes and it's not the bike it's the rider and IMO if you can't take a little ribbing once in a while then you need to put your skirt on and go for a ride and find a pair.

Eck. you think I would ever bond with a lowly wing rider. you have to be kidding. :rasberry:

Not so sure I know who this Snarley Bill character is...huh..:think:

Does any oen know who this character is...I've never heard of him.. :confused24:

Just wish I could put my finger on him........:whistling:

I mean a couple fingers on him..uh, my whole hand in fact ...yep, both hands maybe...:rotf:

I agree. Not all HD riders are intimidated by 100 hp.

HERB,I dont care which one you ride to the Texas Meet...Just be sure and make it! We have margaritas to sip and lies to tell...I may even help ya ride one of them... Take care my friend see ya soon..Tom

As a former "Harley Guy" and a former Beezer ( BSA) and a former Honda Guy etc. etc. and now a Venture rider, I think that going riding is far more important than what is between your legs (no pun intended):crackup:! I ride with a bunch of guys that have Harley's, Goldwings ( my "wingnuts:2133:), Kawasaki's and an old Ducatti with a side car, and our motto is " An Eating Club with a Riding Disorder" Seems that some of us can get along.:97:

Myself being a former Harley rider, I have seen both sides of this coin. What I appreciate most is the character of the rider. Erv and I have met riders over the last few years from all over the country. The friendliest we have spoken with have been Harley riders. They have not scoffed at our fine motorcycles of the Yamaha persuasion. At Cody, however, we found wonderful friendships and enjoyable experiences. Not everyone there was riding a Yamaha either. It was simply a passion for the experience, and as Blackowl put it, the people.

I ride because I love to. I love my bike. I love it that I spend more time riding than I do wrenching. At the same time I want to express enthuasim for the experience, not just the name. So...regardless of what anyone rides, if they are respectful, safe, and find joy in the experience, I say "Let's go!"

Roja of Pakidaho

Arrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............................. Trying not to rant here................

I ride an 2001 RSV and I also have an 1981 FLHS, my main baby.................

I WISH someone would TELL me to move my RSV at a Harley Stealer...............:moon:

Pick...

Nothing aimed at you at all but...Realistically what can you do in that situation..

Driveway/parking lot is private property...could be arrested for trespassing.

Punch him in the nose and proceed to whoop his axx? Face assault charges?

Pull out a gun and shoot him? Face assault with a deadly weapon or murder 1 charge over this piece of trash... This was my first instinct to rid this world of such bile...

I thought he was kidding at first...he said he was not kidding.

Believe me when I say...I wanted to do all of the above plus pull his head off and sxxx down his neck. It has been a long time since I was that mad and I hope it is a lot longer till I am again.

But I took a deep breath and asked him his name, then I told him he needs to remember...everyone who is in this parking lot is either a customer or a potential customer. Next I said a bunch of ugly words describing his appearance and shape. Then I left on my RSV very pxxxxd off.

Later I called that different brands head quarters and then I went on a email campaign and sent emails to everyone I could find explaining how I was treated. I worked my way up the line...I got responses but they were a bunch of BS also...

They heard from me and know it happened...all the way up the chain of the other dealers command.

My buddy that rides the different brand could not believe this was happening either, he thought I was gonna blow a gasket...:confused24:

When the original post was made I took it in as a light hearted joke about, well, cults. Yes, it fits the HD clan very well. It is what it is. But we get bashed by other brands as well and most of the time its in a good spirited nature. If someone was going to leave over something that was posted as a joke then I say that person was already considering leaving. I dont know who it was but I have a suspicion that I might know. Im putting up with much mocking from the HD crowd right now at work because my bike broke down on the way to Daytona Sat. I still hear about it when I had to be push started several years ago in front of most of those same HD riders. And I always toss their misfortunes back in their face when they have a problem too. But I also offer to help them, seeing that they want to take it to the dealer and pay those high shop fees......Get over it..its only a light hearted attempt at humor. Anyone remember the post "Herd Mentality" from about 5 years ago..now that was funny too. I thought us "Bikers" were tough guys, not girly girls.

To the person who left, please reconsider your decision. If you were here any length of time, you already know that VR is so much more than a bashing organization. This place IS one of the best sites around and you already knew that. If you decide not to return, then I wish you well. But no matter where you go there will always be bashing.

Brian, I hear what your saying my friend and you are right... to a point.

In my case as you might know as most everyone else knows, I now ride a GW. I am teased at every M&E, and rally we have, and I a;so read posts where some "jokingly" talk about the GW riders as well as Harley riders. Some GW riders do have additudes such as being above or better then everyone else as BMW riders have thier ways, and Harley riders have thier ways.. heck we all have our ways and ideas and our special rides that we like.

I truley dont care what a man or woman rides.. I dont think anyone here really cares what anyone else rides, but we all come face to face with that one butt hole once in a while and feel like getting it off our chest.

I am certain that when someone says, I met this jerk riding a GW and he ...blah, blah, blah..,,,that doesnt mean he is talking about every GW rider or any VR member on this site.. it is a phrase used in common talk between riders.

I have met and ride with some very wonderful people who own Harleys and many other makes, but if I make a comment about a Harley rider it is because I saw or met some Harley jerk on one. That dont mean all Harley riders are jerks.

I am really sorry your friend took it to heart and left the VR site, but we all joke here at one another and it should never be taken to heart..not all Harley riders fall into the same category as well as all Venture riders are not in the same category...:thumbsup2:

I personally will refrain from mentioning anything about Harley riders or any other type bike rider to help support your concern / posting my friend. :thumbsup2:

I am so thankful that most everyone here has had this same thought, Thank You.. My very bestest friend rides a Harley Road King and we sometimes choke a little at one another, and we do not even do that openley, so that we do not offend someone else. But as most everyone has said, there is a very fine line there. I will not cross that, and I have never said anything bad about another persons bike here, and I will refrain. We who have rode very much in this old world have met these people with thier bad attitudes and they are riding all makes and models. So glad I do not consider myself one of them. I also understand how easy it is to get so aggravated and say something out of the way. But we all do need to be very careful. We have such a great bunch of people here....

James

Pick...

Nothing aimed at you at all but...Realistically what can you do in that situation..

Driveway/parking lot is private property...could be arrested for trespassing.

Punch him in the nose and proceed to whoop his axx? Face assault charges?

Pull out a gun and shoot him? Face assault with a deadly weapon or murder 1 charge over this piece of trash... This was my first instinct to rid this world of such bile...

I thought he was kidding at first...he said he was not kidding.

Believe me when I say...I wanted to do all of the above plus pull his head off and sxxx down his neck. It has been a long time since I was that mad and I hope it is a lot longer till I am again.

But I took a deep breath and asked him his name, then I told him he needs to remember...everyone who is in this parking lot is either a customer or a potential customer. Next I said a bunch of ugly words describing his appearance and shape. Then I left on my RSV very pxxxxd off.

Later I called that different brands head quarters and then I went on a email campaign and sent emails to everyone I could find explaining how I was treated. I worked my way up the line...I got responses but they were a bunch of BS also...

They heard from me and know it happened...all the way up the chain of the other dealers command.

My buddy that rides the different brand could not believe this was happening either, he thought I was gonna blow a gasket...:confused24:

Oh, no hard feelings here, but being on that side of the law(Cop) I'd made him call em, I'd LOVE for him to explain the reason I had to move my bike. now, he may have every right, but I'd probably make it so misarable, hoping even to get the media, that'd be a gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Private property or not, and I'm gonna stop this here before I get booted,

but I'm not making fun or ribbing, snd definetly not poking fun at anyone here, I can be an stubborn sob just ......................finished with this

I'm gonna stop this here before I get booted, but I'm not making fun or ribbing, snd definetly not poking fun at anyone here, I can be an stubborn sob just ......................finished with this

Darn good thing redbeard isnt with you right now...The two of you would end up in jail.

So where is your. male sweetie these days Pick?

Tell him I said hi and give him a hug for me.:thumbsup2:

Oh, no hard feelings here, but being on that side of the law(Cop) I'd made him call em, I'd LOVE for him to explain the reason I had to move my bike. now, he may have every right, but I'd probably make it so misarable, hoping even to get the media, that'd be a gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Private property or not, and I'm gonna stop this here before I get booted,

but I'm not making fun or ribbing, snd definetly not poking fun at anyone here, I can be an stubborn sob just ......................finished with this

That would have been GREAT!! And that is what this thread is about. I will ride with anyone, stop to help anyone and don't dis their ride unless they ask for it. We have Hardley riders and Wing riders around here with that attitude but have others that are Great folks that don't care what you ride. But I kind of hope those with the attitude stick around. Gives me a chance to show what a 23 yr old bike can do!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:crackup:At least thread didn't go the path of talking about the "spawn of the devil" .. sport bike riders, or their second cousins ... sport touring riders. Whew, what I relief!:stickpoke:

Be patient.....we'll get to you shortly.:crackup:

Boomer......calling the cavalry in now.:innocent: