IGNORED

Need Help to Purchase & Ship CB Parts

Aussie Annie

Hi All,

After purchasing the Ed-set intercom set up and the Mic-mutes stupid me found I don't have the factory CB installed on my bike :bang head::bang head:

I contacted Bill Morphy by email and asked for advice, and he has suggested a way to still hook up the mic-mutes to the system. I need to purchase rider and passenger "push to talk" buttons from AirRider.com in Ooltewah TN but they don't ship to Australia :crying: Their site won't let me create an account :doh: Can any one help me :icon_smile_question:confused24: to get these.

The CB is standard equipment on 2nd Gens I wonder where yours has gone? I think its about 700-800 bucks from yamaha

Brian

This is not true on ALL ventures. It is standard on the US and Canada bikes but not the Australian or European ones. I don't know about other countries, but I do know those for sure.

Looks like you've got some help Annie :)

Thanks for the response everyone :thumbsup2::big-grin-emoticon:

SGN -- sent you a PM and thanks:clap2:

Missionary Rider, and others: not bothering with CB at this point, just push to talk buttons so we can install mic-mutes on our Ed-sets.

Our laws regarding CB's are different apparently, so Ventures came into Oz without them :crying: We will probably do hand-held CB's mounted on handlebars at a later date. so only wanting the small buttons Bill recommended for now.

So are you getting just the PTT setup or the CB unit or both? Just wondering how much the stuff weighs. Lord willing, I'll be in Perth & Northam next month.

Lynn

Hey Lynn,

Are you coming for work, or pleasure?? My contact details are in my profile - we might be able to catch up while you're here.:happy34:

To Annie and All,

I called AirRider on Annie's problem and spoke with Mr. Tracy Rogers. He was very interested in helping and replied that AirRider will ship worldwide. He even gave me his email and said I could share with the group.

So if you need their products you can contact Mr Tracy Rogers: tracy@airrider.com

Air Rider

5722 Main Street

P.O.Box 587

Ooltewah, TN 37363

Toll Free: 1-800-251-6040 Ext.12

Fax: 423-238-5387

Email: customerservice@airrider.com

Hey Lynn,

Are you coming for work, or pleasure?? My contact details are in my profile - we might be able to catch up while you're here.:happy34:

Brenda and I will be visiting a pastor friend & family and I will speak on Sunday at his church in Northam. We will be in Oz for a month this time - most of it on the Gold Coast - only a little less than a week in and around Perth. Maybe we can at least have a cuppa while we're there.

Looks like the shipping has been worked out. If not, let me know. Since it's the bits and pieces rather than something large, we could probably fit it in the luggage. It's just that luggage allowances are not what they used to be.

Lynn

This may or may not explain why Annie didn't get a CB with her bike. I am not sure when the change took place but for several European countries it wasn't until 2000 or 2001.

For many years, countries around the world restricted the use of CB radios because many police departments used the same frequencies (27 MHz). I remember a friend from England who couldn't get a CB without a special license and the radio had to be modified to remove 2 of the channels.