IGNORED

Is CB a Factory Fit on Ventures??......

Aussie Annie

I was reading the Marshall Mod site, and it tells you that the CB is under the trunk (black box) Do the Ventures in the U.S.A. come with the CB as standard fit??:confused24::scratchchin:

"Cause I don't have one!!!!:doh: Quickstep and I were looking into setting up CB on my bike -- now I need to know where do I get one that is compatible with the Venture set-up??:think:

It's important that I can communicate with him on long trips if the pain gets bad or need pit stop etc., both rider to pillion, and rider to rider. We have portable CB radio's we used rider to rider with our last bikes, but it was part of the intercom system on his bike and we linked it to mine. (bike now sold)

How expensive are the CB set up's for the Venture?? Is this really gonna hurt my pocket (again) :confused24::crying:

Edited by Aussie Annie
added a bit

Go to Ebay and type in Royal Star Venture. Then when it brings up the listings, scroll down to the bottom and look for "stores". You shoould be able to find one there as there are several people that part out complete bikes. Now...Does your bike have a CB button to turn it on????

If nothing else, you can get a bike to bike intercom at a modest price....

This outfit is reliable from what I've heard. Not cheap though.

Then you have to get the antenea and also make sure that there is the cb button on your radio controller (as mentioned earlier post).

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-XVZ1300-CB-RADIO-VALKYRIE_W0QQitemZ350250637887QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item518c909a3f&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

http://ezinearticles.com/?Motorcycle-Intercoms---How-to-Choose-the-Best-Motorcycle-Intercom-For-You&id=718042

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=29

There are some inexpensive solutions in the links above. Good thing about getting these systems is that you can take them with you to other bikes if you sell yours or rent one on vacation, for example. I have friends with the Chatterbox who really like it.

Good luck

you could do it if you really wanted to :mo money::mo money::mo money:

radio controller ~200 used

CB unit ~300 Used

Jerry-rig ptt button ~ few bucks (Since I presume the 'trigger' button located on the left hand grip for you is a flash the lights button, if it is there at all)

+ Shipping

But that would be if you want the 'stock' venture setup. I know J&M Makes them, and there are a few other companies that have some real nice CB setups or bike to bike intercoms (as others mentioned).

Two-Tone white has shows some good options

I found some others (CB) just recently, if I can find those links I'll post them here. ( I was looking to fit my 82 Wing with one too).

Okay, going with Edsets and Mic-Mutes.(ordered) So intercom on bike solved :thumbsup2:

I now have rider to pillion sorted. :clap2: Question: what do you all think of factory antenna?????:think: Is it good enough, or should we look to a better one:icon_smile_question:icon_smile_question

We have hand held CB's we used before for bike to bike, using original intercom cables on the ST. Can we do a similar thing on the Venture??:confused24:

Annie,

I wouldn't waste my time with a factory antenna, I always end up changing mine out to a Firestik. I have had them on 4 of my 7 Ventures and whats nice is you can buy the one that is tuneable so you can get it set to your CB unit precisely.

Here's a link http://www.firestik.com/

http://www.firestik.com/CatalogFrame.htm This is the model I use

and BTW if you have problems with anything being shipped to Oz let one of us know. I'd be happy to get it across the pond for you :happy34:

Squidley, Thanks for the advice and the links - will save them.:thumbsup2:

As I posted earlier we are going with edsets intercom with mic mutes, for rider to pillion -- so that's a good start :happy34:

What about the factory radio antenna that comes with the bike, would you recommend changing it??:icon_smile_question:icon_smile_question

Just for giggles I would love to see a picture of your radio controller on the left or maybe right handlebar.

This is new to all of us, an RSV with no CB!

You wouldn't be taking the P**# would ya :smile5: Anyway, here are pics of the radio controller, as requested:thumbsup2:

You been ripped off! I do notice that it has the LED next to your select button that shows when the CB is turned on on the US setup.

Someone mentioned the JM set up before. We have one on my wife's Kawasaki and it works real well, but it is a bit pricey as well.

What about the factory radio antenna that comes with the bike, would you recommend changing it??:icon_smile_question:icon_smile_question

Annie,

If it works fine I wouldn't bother replacing it, I personally just like the beefier Firestik for cosmetic purposes and being able to tune it to the CB.

Nope, no CB button :crying: They must have stripped 'em to come in to Australia, the lousy #@$**# :crying: So this looks like being expensive, don't it???????:mo money:

Not just U Annie... When I was in Europe I saw lots of GW's and RSV's sans CB radio. Many Governments strictly regulate/forbid use of 2way radio communication devices. My neighbor shipped his GW into country but had to remove the CB before it would clear customs. I guess non regulation of CB radios is one of the perks of living in the Good Ol' U.S. of A.