IGNORED

Had to use my horn today.

T.J.

Going down a four lane hwy. in Pontiac today, two lanes going both ways. I was in the outside lane and a guy decided to get on it and pass a car in front of him in the inside lane. That means coming over into my lane. I moved over very quick but had no place to go. I was now at his left rear door and getting closer. I finally found the horn. "The Horn" is the WOLO Air Horn. I hit that button and stayed on it. He had his window down and then he over reacted to the LOUD noise. He cut the car back to the right and almost hit the car in front of him that he was trying to pass, as he was slamming on his brakes. The car in front of him was also braking because they thought a freight train was coming.

I know for a fact he would have never heard the stock horn. All turned out well. Next time I won't keep it on so long.:whistling:

Just be careful when and where you use it because it could work against you if you use it. Cars don't expect to hear that loud of a noise from a bike and could over react. It happened to someone on anouther forum.

I have the same feelings. There have been a few occasions where it was obvious I scared the crap out of somebody with my air horns, but it really is a trade off with so many not paying attention, with loud music or something stuck in their ear. You don't want them to wreak as it could still involve you, but they need to KNOW you are there.

Then there are those times I get a lot of pleasure scaring the crap out of someone.

RandyA

Just be careful when and where you use it because it could work against you if you use it. Cars don't expect to hear that loud of a noise from a bike and could over react. It happened to someone on anouther forum.

Yup... Got to pick and choose when to just deal with their idiocy and when to blast 'em.

By the way, Someone that usually gets the crap scared out of them is my passenger :D

The more I use mine the more I think about how I'd like to make it even louder; or get one with a lower tone, or one that throws large rocks through the windows of my targets...

"Then there are those times I get a lot of pleasure scaring the crap out of someone."

I love my air horns and they've saved my bacon more than once. However, I have hit em accidentally once or twice and scared me too!:doh:

This is weird and I can't explain why I do this but when the bike is on the side stand and I'm standing beside it on the right and I'm going to start it for some reason or another (generally when someone is asking about the sound of the RK's or something like that), instead of hitting the start button, I hit the horn. That is so weird....never happens when I'm standing on the left side or when I'm sitting on the bike. I can see me scaring myself once I get the Stebel horn installed! :rotf: