IGNORED

Update on my condition

Freebird

OK folks, I've had a few emails lately asking about my condition. So, I suppose it's time to let you know what condition my condition is in. :)

As for the cancer, I honestly don't know. I was told after the surgery and radiation that they could not tell me anything until I go back for my 6 month checkup. That appointment is on November 2nd. At that time, I will go back to Boston to have all the tests repeated and only then will I know if the treatment was successful.

As for the vision. They told me at the time of the treatment that the primary goal was to treat the cancer. They said that if they were able to save my vision, that should be considered a bonus. They also warned me to got get overly optimistic because any vision loss would not necessarily be immediate but could come at any time as long as two years after the treatment.

I had started to get very confident because my vision had remained unchanged...that is until about a month ago. A few weeks ago I started thinking that I was losing some of my vision. It was hard to tell for sure but I just felt that there was a bit of cloudiness in the peripheral vision of my right eye. Then I would think that I was just imagining it. Well, it has continued to get worse and there is no doubt that I am losing vision in my right eye.

Over the past few weeks, the vision has gotten progressively worse. I'm going to estimate that it is probably cloudy about 30% to the right and seems to be getting worse pretty quickly.

So, that's the status at this time. Only time will tell how far the vision loss progresses. It could level out where it now is or I could lose it completely in that eye. The good news is that it is at least a fairly gradual thing so that helps me adjust to it as it happens. If I lose it all but then find out in November that they DID get all the cancer, then that is a blessing.

Sorry I took so long before I let you all know what is going on. Heck...I don't always accept things as quickly as I should. It was only late last week that I finally told my wife that I thought I was going blind in my right eye. I guess I thought that if I just kept it to myself and ignored it, then it wasn't really happening.

Thank you all for your emails and even more so, for your prayers. They mean more than I can ever express to you.

Don

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im with everyone else here Don i will keep you in my prayers as well

on another note if you should and i hope not but if you should loose your eyesight i will take you rideing anytime(prob let you drive) still be better than my driving :255:

seriously though get well and i will keep talking to the man upstairs about you. Ron

Don, I have never met you, but since first reading of you cancer, have thought of you often.

I am sorry to hear about your vision going, I have VERY bad eye sight, but corrected. I cannot imagine going thru loosing it all together.

I will continue to pray for you and yours.

It's obvious that you have many people on this board that care about you. Hang in there as best you can.

craigr

Hey Boss you really do need to keep Eileen up on what your going through. My dad does the same thing with his problems. Seems to be a guy thing. Keeping it to yourself doesn't make it go away. Ya know we all love you no matter what. Now we'll just wait till Nov to find out how the rest is going.

And here you think all I'm good for is being a trouble maker.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Hang in there!

Margaret