IGNORED

Back from Cody

Condor

Made it back last night. I planned on staying Friday in Idaho and visiting my daughter, but while talking to Lady Condor I could tell she was a little under the weather, and in fact had to be taken to emergency later on Thursday night after we finished talking on the phone. So I got a little shut eye and left early Friday.

OK, I just want to let everyone that attended the Cody Round-Up that I had a fantastic time. We didn't have as many in attendance as we'd hoped, but for those that did come I think we all had a great time.

The ride through Yellowstone and watching Old Faithfull put on a show was terrific. The ride over Bear Tooth Pass was awesome even though the top was tore up with construction. The BBQ Buffalo Burger Lunch at the Cody Yamaha dealer was the best, and the group diner at the Erma was delicious. Breakfasts at 'Our Place Cafe' were a steal...er... deal.

I got to put new faces with board ID's and hook up with old friends from Ft Collins. The chemistry of the group couldn't have been better.

I took as many pics as I could...when I didn't forget the camera in the motel room... and posted them to a webpage. The good, the bad, and the ugly are there... :) The link is below. They don't begin to describe the beauty of the region. I'm going to go back as we just scratched the surface of what the Cody area has to offer.

Many Thanks to Kurt 'Starstruck', and Dave 'Utaventure' for all the hard work they put in with lining up lodging, group meals, t-shirts, and Vic 'Lone Eagle', for making the very cool patches happen.

For those of you that didn't make it you need to put Cody on your must ride list.

ROUND-UP PICS

http://www.cast-aways.com/codypics/IMGP2643%20(Medium).JPG

Edited by Condor

Great pics, one part of the country I'd like to get to sometime. Now how is the wife? You didn't tell us. Is she ok now? I hope so.

Margaret

The wife's OK. Sorry about not elaborating... Kidney stones. It's the third time she's been in ER with the same thing. They're finally going to go in and 'pulverize' them. They should have done it after the first time. I think they owe us a refund... :)

Glad you made it back OK Condor. I got in at approx 20:00 and also heard from Iowagian's son Dane that their home safe and sound also. Had a blast meeting new people and reinforcing old friendships with members I've already met. Got lots of pictures to post so when i'm not so tired I'll get them on. Thanks to everyone who put this together. It was a great success. God Bless. Mike

First I'd like to thank everyone, especially Jack, Dave and Kurt, for all their hard work putting this ride together, it was great. It's nice to finally be able to put faces to the names. What a fantastic group of poeple.

We left Thursday morning at 6am thinking it was going to take a while to get through Yellowstone and the Tetons. Got to Evanston, WY at 7pm that night, 390 miles. Left the next morning at 7am on our way to Mesquite, NV, 400 miles. Got there at 1:30pm, way to early to stop for the day so we ended up riding home. Arrived home in Boron around 9pm about 700 miles for the day. Thank goodness for my gel pad. My buddy Dane (Taz) didn't make home until after 10pm.

Cody was a great place to get together, plenty of riding and if you haven't been to the Buffulo Bill Historical Center you missed something. The gun museum is something.

Thanks again for the great time. :thumbsup2:

what can i say,3 rallies in 3 weeks,all were great,don't know how it can get any better than this,leaving denver this morn for home,looks like the weather,is trying to catch up with me,i have had a great ride to finish up,and want to thank all who made this possable,will i do lt again,

hell yeeeeeees:thumbsup::happy65::happy34:

Well guys and gals, we finally made it home about Midnight, Sunday.

Cody was great! It was great to put faces to names of so many friends. Thanks to Jack, Dave & Jan for keeping us all busy and planning the event. Thanks also to Kurt for the planning and arrangements you made.

Yellowstone was awesome and Beartooth was amazing. Nothing like a 900 lb. dirt bike crossing a mountain pass through gravel and mud holes at crawling speeds. We all did fine, except Owl who had mechanical problems which caused a slow speed spill. He was ok, but pride was wounded. We were glad Grandpagak was following in his truck.

The Buffalo Bill Museum was great. We could spend several days there.

[ATTACH]36324[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]36325[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]36323[/ATTACH]

The guys and gals at the Yammie dealer were gracious hosts. The burgers & brats were quite tasty.

[ATTACH]36329[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]36327[/ATTACH]

Of course LilBit had to try out a few rides that were just her size.

[ATTACH]36328[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]36326[/ATTACH]

The Gunfight at the Irma Hotel was pretty neat. None of our guys were involved.

[ATTACH]36330[/ATTACH]

We left Cody Thursday morning headed for Spearfish Canyon and the Black Hills. Never made Spearfish. It was getting late, so we headed for Custer, SD instead.

If you ever have the opportunity to tour the Crazy Horse memorial, do it. We went to the after dark laser show on the memorial and went back the next morning to tour the museum. We left there and went through the Needles Highway and Iron Mountain road. What a road!!

[ATTACH]36331[/ATTACH]

The views of Mt. Rushmore through the tunnels are great. (No pic)

The sign at the entrance said "sound horn before entering tunnel" (one car at a time). There was a group of bikers standing near the entrance to one of the tunnels. I "sounded" my horn(s). One of them jumped and I think one of the others left a little surprise on the pavement. :rotf:

[ATTACH]36333[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]36332[/ATTACH]

All in all we made seven states including Texas, where we live. Believe me, you can drive all day and not leave Texas. 4000 miles. We set a new record for LilBit. The longest trip LilBit has made in a day previous was 605 miles. We did 706 miles Sunday.

Glad everyone made it home ok.

Ponch & LilBit