IGNORED

Star glide project

Man, the bike looks fantastic. :happy65:

I can only imagine it without the backseat and with a fender rack, but then again your wife might not agree.:)

Does it feel lighter and less top heavy?

In your video, it seems that your rear turn signals are now also running lights, yes?

I want to do that but short of finding and buying front turn signals don't know how to go about it. Suggestions?

When I saw your rolling light, the first thought that came to mind was COPS, don't know how that will go over.

Steve

The blinkers were easy I got the kit from Cruise Customizing a few years ago. They glue to the lens and when you turn on the blinker they flash yellow to red and they are brake lights also.

Belive it or not it feels lighter than a RSTD. 40 lbs of the top made a big change.

Are you getting the backrest from Jim M.? He can't seem to make up his mind. He thinks you just want the rack.

Edited by yamahamer

Jim should be clear on this. I'm getting the backrest and rack.

I'll send him another PM, but don't really think it's needed.

Good luck finding one.

BTW, what I'm looking to do, is have the rear turn signals also be running lights.

Steve

The kit I have is running lights, brake lights, and blinkers. It was only about $50.00. This is it installed.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI-7C9e4A7g]YouTube - tail light conversion[/ame]

Edited by yamahamer

When I had my 05 RSV I also turned it in the a star glide. It almost felt like I was riding a different bike. In case no one has seen them I linked pics from the Yamaha site. Look thru them, you will find two star glides. I really love the looks of the 08. If I was ready to buy right now I'd be looking for a midnight or an 08 with that color sch. Check out the second pic, it's the fire fighter bike that I think belongs to one of our members.

http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/feedback/09_StarCalendarImages.aspx?id=7&pg=all