IGNORED

Spent yesterday in the emergency room

mini-muffin

Ok first of all for those wondering about the water bill from last week. I got that taken care of. They do a special for leaks once a year. With any luck I won't have anymore leaks at all.

Now for yesterday. Started off in the morning taking dog out for walk, kept feeling something like a hair by my ear. Tried pushing the hair away but still kept getting the same sensation. Well Turns out it wasn't a hair it was most likely a bug. Not sure what kind but it ended up in my left ear. Yeah I know don't ask how I have no idea. So yesterday I spent in the emergency room to get the darn thing out. Went to the one in Edenton because I've been to the other with someone else and spent 7 hrs there. I was there for a while maybe 45 mins got my vitals done then off to get the insurance stuff taken care of. Before I leave the nurse tells me 1 to 2 hrs most likely before I see the doc. Ok doen't sound bad if that's how long it takes. If you've ever spent any time in a hosptial emergency room you know what I mean. So after a little over 2 hrs I'm in the back waiting for the doc to come in. Now mind you this creature is in my ear for the whole time getting up the nerve to actually go to the hospital plus getting there and then waiting. So by now my ear really hurts. Doc get's out his light thing to look in my ear and says wow that's really far in there. So far doesn't sound good for me. So now we start the process of pulling the little bugger out. This is also really really painful. But I'm tough so no crying for me, but that pillow will never be the same. All he can get out is half the bug, yes I said half. Now comes the even more fun part of trying to flush the rest of it out of my ear. Talk about torture and it hurts too because my ear canal is extremely irritated as the doc tells me (wonder why). So he decides it's way too irritated to continue trying to get this thing out. I'm kinda relieved because my ear was hurting like hell at this point. He tells me I can come back in 3 days for him to get the rest out or try to make an appointment with the (mind the word the as in only one) ear nose throat guy in Elizabeth City. So I'm sitting here figuring if this is the only guy that does this he's gonna be really booked up. So I might as well head back to this doc he already knows what my ear looks like and knows I can handle the pain since they never give ya anything for this. He also gave me a prescription for these ear drops that are an anesthetic and something else. I'm hoping it makes what's left of this stupid bug really really easy to get out of my ear. I feel like my ears stuffed (which it is with the left over bug). Makes it kinda hard to hear out of too.

So now I'm not sure I'm gonna make the meet in GA. I have no idea how long this is gonna take on thursday since I have to go back to the emergency room for this stuff. So I'll have to play that one by ear.

Anyway I'm terrified of what next weeks gonna bring. I don't want to imagine what can happen because it seems if it's unusual and strange it's gonna happen to me.

Margaret

.... So I'll have to play that one by ear....

Oh, no you didn't! :rotfl:

Mini, hang in there girl! It will come out. At work, we have had a couple of guys get bugs in their ears over the years. It's a horrifying experience.

The drops will help fight infection and should help the pain some.

LilBit uses a foam ear wax removal available at most stores. You might try that to flush the critter out.

Hope it feels better soon, Ponch

I know exactly what you are going through.

I got a moth in my ear one night while washing my car.

That little dude crawled up against my ear drum and would flutter his wings. Talk about hurt.

Went to the emergeny room that night...so many (what I thought to be) illegal allians...I could not find a place to stand up and wait to see a doc. I went back home and killed the critter with some rubbing alcohol so I could wait for morning.

Doc pulled it out in one peice the next day.

Not a fun experience for sure.

Hang in there...it will pass with time. :fingers crossed:

My balance is usually off a bit anyway don't think that will effect it. :Laugh: I happen to be a bit of a klutz. Not sure how this bug incident fits in with that. Seriously my balance so far hasn't been affected.

Margaret

Ouch!!!!!!! I feel for you Mini.... Drowned the little bugger out.

I put my helmet on one day with a wasp inside and didn't know it...I was all snug inside... when all of a sudden I felt him crawling around in there...Wow ! I couldn't get the helmet off fast enough. That was bad enough, because it was trying to get in my ear...it was fluttering around there... I can only imagine what you're going thru. Keep us posted. :2132:

Ok first of all for those wondering about the water bill from last week. I got that taken care of. They do a special for leaks once a year. With any luck I won't have anymore leaks at all.

Now for yesterday. Started off in the morning taking dog out for walk, kept feeling something like a hair by my ear. Tried pushing the hair away but still kept getting the same sensation. Well Turns out it wasn't a hair it was most likely a bug. Not sure what kind but it ended up in my left ear. Yeah I know don't ask how I have no idea. So yesterday I spent in the emergency room to get the darn thing out. Went to the one in Edenton because I've been to the other with someone else and spent 7 hrs there. I was there for a while maybe 45 mins got my vitals done then off to get the insurance stuff taken care of. Before I leave the nurse tells me 1 to 2 hrs most likely before I see the doc. Ok doen't sound bad if that's how long it takes. If you've ever spent any time in a hosptial emergency room you know what I mean. So after a little over 2 hrs I'm in the back waiting for the doc to come in. Now mind you this creature is in my ear for the whole time getting up the nerve to actually go to the hospital plus getting there and then waiting. So by now my ear really hurts. Doc get's out his light thing to look in my ear and says wow that's really far in there. So far doesn't sound good for me. So now we start the process of pulling the little bugger out. This is also really really painful. But I'm tough so no crying for me, but that pillow will never be the same. All he can get out is half the bug, yes I said half. Now comes the even more fun part of trying to flush the rest of it out of my ear. Talk about torture and it hurts too because my ear canal is extremely irritated as the doc tells me (wonder why). So he decides it's way too irritated to continue trying to get this thing out. I'm kinda relieved because my ear was hurting like hell at this point. He tells me I can come back in 3 days for him to get the rest out or try to make an appointment with the (mind the word the as in only one) ear nose throat guy in Elizabeth City. So I'm sitting here figuring if this is the only guy that does this he's gonna be really booked up. So I might as well head back to this doc he already knows what my ear looks like and knows I can handle the pain since they never give ya anything for this. He also gave me a prescription for these ear drops that are an anesthetic and something else. I'm hoping it makes what's left of this stupid bug really really easy to get out of my ear. I feel like my ears stuffed (which it is with the left over bug). Makes it kinda hard to hear out of too.

So now I'm not sure I'm gonna make the meet in GA. I have no idea how long this is gonna take on thursday since I have to go back to the emergency room for this stuff. So I'll have to play that one by ear.

Anyway I'm terrified of what next weeks gonna bring. I don't want to imagine what can happen because it seems if it's unusual and strange it's gonna happen to me.

Margaret

So, what kind of bug was it was it? Was it one of those Earwig bug things that crawls into your ear and bores through your eardrum and into your brain making you go mad or crazy or something. Then you go on a murdurous rampage until you brain final explodes and liquidfies and runs out your nostrils onto your shirt. It couldn't have been just a fly or it would have just flown out of your ear when the doctor started messing with it.

Don't worry you'll probably be alright. I just saw that on a horror movie one time.

Dang Margaret that sucks. Sounds really painful. I hope you get it taken care of without too much more pain. If you need anything let me or Brandy know.

Now for the bad part, it could have been as simple as:

I have had that happen several times before hunting in South Florida and once up here and yes it is painful and down right irritating once it makes it to your ear drum. Sounds like the Russian army in your head. The remedy has always been simple.

What are most bugs attracted to? :lightbulb:Light!!! I held a flashlight to my ear and within 20 minutes it came out every time.

To be honest I don't know if it was light or heat, so I don't know how these newfangled LED lights would do. I always used one of those Mag Lights.

Mini I am sorry about your ordeal with the bug. I can imagine that does really hurt. Did they tell you to use an ear irrigation kit. Just washing it with a salt solution and allowing it to drain out naturally. You know they sell these ear was removal kits in most drug stores.

I hope it gets better before this weekend. I know how much you want to go to GA.

Yama Mama:hurts:

Seems like the Doc could just blow in your ear, and make it blow out the other side.:rotf:

Most E.R. Docs also have a local practice. If he does, then you could make an appt. at his office, instead of having to do the E.R. thing again. Did you ask him? Never know 'til you ask.

Hope you get the bugs worked out.:080402gudl_prv:

Margaret....there is one important question that you wanna ask the doc....was it a FEMALE bug, and what are the chances she laid eggs? It is when those eggs hatch and start to search for food that you get the real PAIN IN THE EAR!!! (Another bad joke taken from an old Alfred Hitchcock movie!!!) Seriously, flushing with sweet oil (olive oil) might float the rest of the corpse, and at least it won't irritate your ear any more!

POLEDAR:grandma: