IGNORED

to long

latchkey

call my yamaha dealer today asked how much a carb snyc would cost. said it takes a hour and a half to do it. that not right is it for those that have done it themself. something smells fishie here! $ 75.00 a hour. or is this about right?

My dealer did it for $50 and it took the mechanic no more than 10 minutes.

Now let's see,,,,,, 10 min to get the bike in the shop,,,,,25 min to go across town to borrow the carb tune,,,,,,, 25 opps 35 min back because we need coffee,,,,, 10 minutes to do work,,,,,,,,25 min to return said carbtune,,,,,,and now 15 min to take the scoot out of the shop and make up th bill....... yep it adds up....120 min that's 2 hours but it we only will charge you for 1 1\2.

call my yamaha dealer today asked how much a carb snyc would cost. said it takes a hour and a half to do it. that not right is it for those that have done it themself. something smells fishie here! $ 75.00 a hour. or is this about right?

Well, seeing that its all labor and it only takes me 15 minutes tops, id say something smells rotton. Before I bought my carbtune for 99 bucks I stopped at a local shop (not yamaha) for a quote. I figured that since the owner owns a Royal Star it should be a breeze. Right.....he wanted 150.00 to do it. While I cant begrudge a shop from making money, they kinda box themselves in when they charge by the hour for a simple thing as a carb sync that we all know may only take 1/2 hr tops to do.:confused24:

Now let's see,,,,,, 10 min to get the bike in the shop,,,,,25 min to go across town to borrow the carb tune,,,,,,, 25 opps 35 min back because we need coffee,,,,, 10 minutes to do work,,,,,,,,25 min to return said carbtune,,,,,,and now 15 min to take the scoot out of the shop and make up th bill....... yep it adds up....120 min that's 2 hours but it we only will charge you for 1 1\2.

correction ... 25 min to return it ... PLUS 1.5 hr back coz we take lunch break enroute so that adds 55 min to overall time therefore, .... hmmmmm 3hrs work for 1.5hr charged.... not that bad of a deal LOL!!!

:rotf: :rotf:

I'm on the west side of Indy, at 10th and 465. I have a Carb Tune. If you can get here we can sync your carbs. Maybe fifteen minutes. No charge. PM me.