IGNORED

A Big Thank You To ADC

mini-muffin

Well my week started off oddly enough. I got my water bill on Sat. and it was $80 which is very strange. According to the bill I used 11500 gallons of water. I was gone a week during this time and Jeff isn't here. Normally I use about 2000 gallons a month. Went down to ask what's up with this and they said you must have a leak. So I come home and no leaks in the house but I check the meter again and write down what it says. Too late to head back so I decided to check again this morning and it was a lot higher. So I go around back and find lots of water back there. Seems the water leak was where it comes into the house. Now I panic I'm not a plumber Jeff's gone what do I do. So I called the water dept to get them to turn off the water because I don't know how to do that. Then I called ADC. He came over checked the situation got the bad stuff off and went for parts. Came back and fixed my leak turned on my water and everything is good to go.

Now I don't usually call folks to help makes me feel like I'm being a bother or a pest. But I needed someone to help since I didn't know what to do. Arthur not only came over to fix it he won't let me pay him for the parts. I figure I'll get him back for that one later. Maybe at a meet if Josh wants something and dad says no.

Reason I'm posting this is without this site I'd never have met Arthur even though he only lives like 10 mins away.

So I want to say thank you to Arthur where everyone can see. So he knows how much I appreciate what he did. I felt kinda bad calling thinking he was at work, but he had today off. Kinda felt bad imposing on his day off.

Ok now back to what you all were doing before I interrupted. :)

Margaret

Arthur??? Oh yeah thats the guy that threatened to take my crutch!!

We did Bridge Day in 2007 when ADC was recovering and I was still on crutches. Rough day for both of us I think.

He also showed up the morning after wind threatened to blow me away at Ashville with a set of tent stakes and wouldn't let me pay for them!! Didn't want to have to go hunting for me and Red Roof Inn.

Good Job Arthur!!

Good on ya ADC:thumbsup2:

Mini, If your water company is anything like mine is, check with them to see if they do an average on the bill. If you have a leak and let them know they might average out the previous months. The water company here will allow this about twice a year. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

Good on ya ADC:thumbsup2:

Mini, If your water company is anything like mine is, check with them to see if they do an average on the bill. If you have a leak and let them know they might average out the previous months. The water company here will allow this about twice a year. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

I agree with this, both on "Good on ya ADC" and checking with your water company. Some do have a policy where they take into consideration someone has an unknown leak. Given it was not for your use and consumption, you may be able to get it discounted. Good luck.

RandyA