IGNORED

J&M headset

Bubber

Last week I bought a J&M headset from Chrome World.com and it works OK so I was going to buy the bride one except she has a half helmet and mine is a 3/4 helmet.

The one I was looking at for her is J&M HS-G45 it says it is compatible with Goldwing but it doesn't mention Yamaha 5 pin connector. Anyone have one of these and your thoughts please and most of all is it compatible with the RS Venture 2006?

Thanks much for the input! :missingtooth:

Steve

as far as i have seen, when i was shopping for mine, the GW is compatable with RSV as well as most bikes with audio/music devices. you will either get the patch cord or not. ask the seller if you get the patch cord. the patch cord patches the headset to the bike. one end is the 5 pin connector going on the bike and the other is a half flat connector that connects to the headset. i say this going by the fact i bought J&M and you are looking at J&M. if the sale doesn't include the patch cable, you will just have to buy one.

dale in La

Last week I bought a J&M headset from Chrome World.com and it works OK so I was going to buy the bride one except she has a half helmet and mine is a 3/4 helmet.

The one I was looking at for her is J&M HS-G45 it says it is compatible with Goldwing but it doesn't mention Yamaha 5 pin connector. Anyone have one of these and your thoughts please and most of all is it compatible with the RS Venture 2006?

We currently ride with the J&M short helmet insert HS-ICD284-HHU Shorty Slide-in head set and then a J&M Cord with the 8 pin to 5 pin patch cord.

Works great. Watch which model as they have a high-output version for Harley's.

You will want the standard output for Yamaha/Goldwing/Etc.

http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=HS-ICD284-HHU&PF=12

This is the patch cord

#HC-PC to be used with:

1983-2009 Yamaha®, Kawasaki® and Suzuki® 5-pin audio systems.

:canada:

OOOPPPPS !!!!!

It is realy a "IMC-HS-G45U-FIVE PIN HELMETLESS HEADSET"

for some reason I was thinking J&M.

I did find an add that said it was compatible with a Yamaha.

Thanks guys and gals for the info.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Steve

Steve

the Gold Wing and the venture use the same plug configuration.

OOOPPPPS !!!!!

It is realy a "IMC-HS-G45U-FIVE PIN HELMETLESS HEADSET"

for some reason I was thinking J&M.

I did find an add that said it was compatible with a Yamaha.

Thanks guys and gals for the info.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Steve

Hey Steve,

I just got 2 of these IMC's for the wife and I today. They seem to work great! Took just a few minutes to read the manual and get everything on the bike adjusted. I think we are going to like'em! No more yelling! :happy34:

• 3 months later...
Hey Steve,

I just got 2 of these IMC's for the wife and I today. They seem to work great! Took just a few minutes to read the manual and get everything on the bike adjusted. I think we are going to like'em! No more yelling! :happy34:

I'm getting two sets of these for Christmas. I have no clue what to really look for in headsets, but from ya'lls recommendations, it looks like they will be a good set. I got the helmetless ones for myself to use with my half helmet, and the 3/4 set for my wife. If you have any further advice on these let me know. Thanks

Ben

The wife and I have 2 sets of helmets.....a bump cap type for summer and a modular flip up helmet for winter. We have J & M head sets in both helmets but we don't use the head sets much during summer with the bump cap helmet. . I like them OK but I seem to have to turn the volume on the bike up to about 25 to hear the music good while using the headsets. It only takes a volume level of about 16 if I have it set for the speakers. Does anyone else have to turn the volume up fairly high to hear through headsets?

I don't but I know that it is very important that they be installed properly and that means having them positioned exactly right over your ears and also not having them too far from your ears. I have made the mistake of cutting too deep a hole in the helmet and having them too far from the ear. They should be as close as possible.