IGNORED

Cody's just around the corner Blog.

Condor

Erv-

Congrats to Terri on the nomination. Things never go quite a smoothly as we hope do they but we'll keep an eye out for you on Monday. We should be up riding but we'll get you checked in as soon as we return.

I'm not sure where we'll be riding on Monday but if a group is in Yellowstone that day, you could possibly link up with us/them there.

Which way will you be coming to Cody?

Dave

801-918-7999 (cell)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're leaving Houston tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon. Hope to make it to Abilene 1st night. Planned lay overs include Amarillo (maybe) and Denver or Ft. Collins.

Anyone headed that way, give a holler.

Ponch 832-622-0918

Edited by Ponch
added ph #

We're leaving Houston tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon. Hope to make it to Abilene 1st night. Planned lay overs include Amarillo (maybe) and Denver or Ft. Collins.

Anyone headed that way, give a holler.

Ponch 832-622-0918

You DO know you are breaking my HEART!

So we will race home from Boise and head out Monday morning for Cody. We should be there some time late afternoon.

Have most every thing packed...keys in the bikes, hopefully an extra made tomorrow.

We hope you each have a fun and safe ride there.

We'll keep the light on for ya'..... :thumbsup2:

Dave,

We live in salmon, Idaho and will be coming via the west entrance through the park...wanted to avoid that, but for time sake it is the quickest route.

We had sort of planned to take our bikes to Boise and just come to Cody from there, but we would still have to pass mighty close to home en route to Cody, and what to do with our fancy city clothes and other city stuff we drag along.

We ought to be running through the park in the afternoon, but think I recall everyone saying they were doing the Bear Tooth Monday. Still, we will keep our eyes open for Anyone who might be there ( in the park) for our gathering.

Ride safe

Plan is Marvin aka Starvin & I pull out of driveway Friday @7am, cross the 49th parrallel US boarder, I-5 to Seattle, Left onto I-90 to Spokan WA (400+miles) day1. I- 90to Livingston MT (400+) day2. Yellowstone or Superslab to Cody WY (200+) Weather is warm & sunny next week :canada::canada::canada:

Plan is Marvin aka Starvin & I pull out of driveway Friday @7am, cross the 49th parrallel US boarder, I-5 to Seattle, Left onto I-90 to Spokan WA (400+miles) day1. I- 90to Livingston MT (400+) day2. Yellowstone or Superslab to Cody WY (200+) Weather is warm & sunny next week :canada::canada::canada:

You and Marv take is easy. I'll be leaving a little earlier in the AM than you, but planing on doing 600+ miles on Friday since I'm yankin' a trailer. Then it's only 350 left to Cody via the West Gate.

I recall everyone saying they were doing the Bear Tooth Monday. Still, we will keep our eyes open for Anyone who might be there ( in the park) for our gathering. Ride safe

Nothings carved in stone Erv. We may be in the park?? Give me a call when you're headin' thru. 916-402-1481 If we're there we can hook up.

Okay... here is our plan so far.

I will be hooking up with Gary (Grandpagak) and Paul (Rocket) in Olivia, MN on Saturday.

We then head out on 212 west to US90. Then US90 into Cody. Absent breakdowns or weather delays, we should be getting in sometime Sunday late afternoon.

We hope to hook up with Mike (Mikealiasmike) and Lowell (Wildhair) somewhere along the way.

If anyone else is taking 212 and would like to join up, please feel free to contact me or Gary.

Otherwise, will see you all when we get there.

:mytruck:

Anyone have a problem with our 23 yr old son coming along?

He rides a YZF, but doesn't get crazy at all. He has ridden with us on several trips and is an excellent rider. ( He thinks were nuts for all the miles we put on....)

Anyway, kickstands up 6:00 Sat morning. Sleeping in Spearfish that night. Will be in Cody, late afternoon on Sunday!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! BEARTOOTH PASS!

Deb-

The more the merrier!!

Dave

Anyone have a problem with our 23 yr old son coming along?

He rides a YZF, but doesn't get crazy at all. He has ridden with us on several trips and is an excellent rider. ( He thinks were nuts for all the miles we put on....)

Anyway, kickstands up 6:00 Sat morning. Sleeping in Spearfish that night. Will be in Cody, late afternoon on Sunday!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! BEARTOOTH PASS!

Okay... here is our plan so far.

I will be hooking up with Gary (Grandpagak) and Paul (Rocket) in Olivia, MN on Saturday.

Russ, I'm leaving by scoot from Gary's tomorrow, will be on I-94 for most of the trip west.

He is still having charging issues, but his scoot is on the trailer & not the borrowed 1100 GW.

Don't know about the rest of you.....but I can tell we are already going to be running a couple hours late tomorrow.

It's been foggy the last few mornings, and it's too dangerous to start out till it's lifted. It's 8:45 now and just clearing!

The son will be happy....he'll get to sleep in longer!

Have a safe trip everyone....see you out there!

My wife is giving a talk for Christian Women’s in Worland on Monday evening so we’ll be staying there Monday night. We’re thinking of heading north to Red Lodge Tuesday morning and running Bear-Tooth and Chief Joseph back into Cody. Anyone want to meet up with us and make the Bear-Tooth, Chief Joseph run from north to south on Tuesday?

None of the rides are that set in stone yet. Tuesday is the day I would like to ride Beartooth, but that's just me thinking out loud. Is there a number we can reach you on to link up with you in Red Lodge?

Dave

My wife is giving a talk for Christian Women’s in Worland on Monday evening so we’ll be staying there Monday night. We’re thinking of heading north to Red Lodge Tuesday morning and running Bear-Tooth and Chief Joseph back into Cody. Anyone want to meet up with us and make the Bear-Tooth, Chief Joseph run from north to south on Tuesday?

Looks like I'll be pulling out of Fargo on Sunday. Met up with some riders out here and got the best nights sleep in a spare bedroom. Russ or Gary, it appears my ride from here to Cody is approx 700 so if the charity ride Saturday night don't take too much out of me... :beersign: :headache: I might give it a 2/3rds ironbutt try and make it up in one day. All depends on pretty much everything falling into place. Mike

Mike-

I'm glad it's working out for you to join us. It's going to be funtastic!! See ya in Cody.

Dave

Looks like I'll be pulling out of Fargo on Sunday. Met up with some riders out here and got the best nights sleep in a spare bedroom. Russ or Gary, it appears my ride from here to Cody is approx 700 so if the charity ride Saturday night don't take too much out of me... :beersign: :headache: I might give it a 2/3rds ironbutt try and make it up in one day. All depends on pretty much everything falling into place. Mike

None of the rides are that set in stone yet. Tuesday is the day I would like to ride Beartooth, but that's just me thinking out loud. Is there a number we can reach you on to link up with you in Red Lodge?

Dave

Hi Dave;

We’re in the VR Assistance List. We’ll have the home phone forwarded to my cell. The best place to meet is probably in Red Lodge, MT. You can take WY120 north from Cody. This road becomes MT72 when you cross into Montana. Turn left on MT308 and take it over to Red Lodge. We’ll be 3-hours from Red Lodge and the folks coming out of Cody will be about 1.5-hours from Red Lodge. Our routes will merge at MT308.

We’ll only be in Cody on Tuesday night… (Some of us have to work for a living :witch_brew:and have already used most of our vacation…:no-no-no:) So, it would be great to see some of the folks on the other end of the keyboard! :cool10:

What CB channel does everyone use?

PS. This weekend's weather is looking cool and damp but substantial improvement is expected by Monday.:sun1:

Well here we are in Boise...watching the other folk ride, wonderin if we passed Condor enroute, we actually saw a lone Venture heading in the right direction.

We allready have the piggy backer packed and the bikes loaded and shiney waiting for our return sunday so we can head over to Cody.

Dave, looks like the best day for us to ride the Beartooth will be Tuesday.

leaving our cell number 208 303 0993

Teri n Erv