IGNORED

Cody's just around the corner Blog.

Condor

Man, I have so many things to do be4 I'm off to Cody. Seems like every time I scratch one item off the list, two more take it's place. I'm leaving early in the AM on the 10th, and it looks like I'll be bringing the '83. There's just too many issues to deal with on the '91 to get it 'trust' worthy. I'll be trailering part of the way...or maybe even all the way?? Depends on how I feel when I get to my daughters in Idaho on Friday night. At this time I'm not even sure if I'll be bedding down at the 6 in Twin Falls, or borrowing a couch a bit farther north at the ranch. One thing I do know is I've been wanting to ride the Yellowstone, Chief Joseph, Bear's Tooth for a long time and this will probably be my last chance. The wheels on the Ventures will be gobbling up highway for a long time to come, but mine have started to get a little gimpy over the last couple of years. The walking stick and Motrin are my friends... :) It's not all doom and gloom though. I'm getting excited and amd looking forward to spending some time in a great riding area with some awesome friends. BRING IT!!!!!! :sign woo hoo:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kurt... our point man in Cody... sent this to me yesterday. :sign woo hoo:

Jack,

We went over to the Park this past weekend. The road was good – no construction all the way up the East side to above Tower and none around the bottom and up to Madison – out to West Yellowstone. If the weather behaves itself, it should be beautiful – the trees are just starting to turn a little. Ran into these two on the way out West Yellowstone – thought they might be relatives J.

See you soon,

Kurt

Kurt... our point man in Cody... sent this to me yesterday. :sign woo hoo:

Jack,

We went over to the Park this past weekend. The road was good – no construction all the way up the East side to above Tower and none around the bottom and up to Madison – out to West Yellowstone. If the weather behaves itself, it should be beautiful – the trees are just starting to turn a little. Ran into these two on the way out West Yellowstone – thought they might be relatives J.

See you soon,

Kurt

I see some of my friends have staked out a spot to watch over you, CONDOR!:thumbsup:

Is it bad Karma or what.... OK, so I decided to take the '83 instead of the '91 and it took a big load off preparations. Started to prep the trailer. I had been plannning on replacing the flooring before taking off. Not a big deal, just more money than I needed to spend, so decided to leave the old floor alone. Figured I'd go ahead and mount a wheel chock I picked up from HF a few months ago. To make things a little more sturdy I covered the area under the chock with 2'x3' piece of 3/8 ply. Lined up the chock and drilled a hole. Put the stove bolt in the plate and the damn thing wasn't long enough to go completely through the ply and the 2" of flooring. OK, so I figured I'd just run up to ACE and pick up some longer stove bolts. Before I did that I figured I'd drill the other 3 holes, but needed to remove the upper part of the chock to use the base plate as a pattern. I couldn't get the drill lined up on a couple of holes otherwise. Started to take the thing apart and the last hex head screw was cross threaded into the blind nut. Big time. I got so pissed off I tossed the dam pieces back in the box and tossed them in the trash. Figured I'd go back to my old stand by. 2x4's on either side of the front wheel. So I was having lightening problems due to a couple of wires being crushed and cut. Thought...no big deal, and reconnected them using crimp connectors. Tested the lights this afternoon and the side that didn't work did, and the side that did work didn't. Plus I wasn't getting any turn signals or brake. So in the morning I'm off to HF again to pick up a set of LED trailer lights and rewire the entire trailer light system. I'm really getting tired of screwing with these things. The heck with Murphy's law. It's MaGinties Coralary. "Murphy is an optimist" :whistling:

Seven day weather is looking good (subject to change at a moments notice - it is the mountains) Managed about 300 miles this weekend - Chief Joseph all the way to Cooke City is great(and into the YNP) but, as was stated earlier - there is about 17 miles of construction on the BearTooth highway. They shut it down at 8PM and work until 8AM. There is road - then there's gravel w/o much notice some on blind corners! Ride cautiously and pull off to do any looking/picture taking. Couple other beautiful rides - Big Horn Scenic byway/Medicine wheel, Shell Canyon/Falls, Big Horn Canyon - Devils overlook (pic) - Plenty of options to see and looks like great weather. See you soon.

Kurt

The temps look perfect Kurt, thanks for making that arrangement!!:rotf:

Jack- Once you get the lights working on the trailer, don't think about fixing anything else.

Dave

Believe me when I say I ain't touchin' anything else..... Time to start putting things together for the trip.... Camera...check Skivies....check :)

I'm getting my stuff together tonight, ready to leave on Friday. We are going to ride through Flaming Gorge on the way up. Should be in Cody early afternoon on Sunday. Looks like it's going to be a great ride.

See you in Cody.

I'll be overnighting Friday in Shoshone ID at my daughters. Going thru yellowstone via the west gate. Will be in Cody Saturday afternoon..... See ya'll there.

Oh yeah... don't forget keys... don't forget keys... don't forget keys... don't forget keys... :backinmyday:

Did you forget the keys once upon a time ?

One simple mistake and they never let a guy forget do they? Maybe you should take your keys this time?:Avatars_Gee_George:

Always some thing! Wife nominated to be on the board of directors for the Idaho Mediation association. Had no plans on attending the state conference this year because of the dates. Why do they always have things like elections on the last day anyway, in this case it would be Sunday the 13th which is the day we had planned to head for Cody. So we will race home from Boise and head out Monday morning for Cody. We should be there some time late afternoon.

Have most every thing packed...keys in the bikes, hopefully an extra made tomorrow.

We hope you each have a fun and safe ride there.