IGNORED

headset clicking

hig4s

I have read the threads I could find so far.. but I notice a few have said theirs clicks when they hook up before their passenger. But once the passenger hooks up it goes away.

That is my problem. And seeing I ride solo a fair amount but still want to be able to use the CB and my cell phone (through the Zumo) but the clicking is driving me crazy.

Anyone come up with a easy solution to this? Or will I need to completely shield the cabling back to the passenger connection?

Mine is funny as well. I do not get clicking, but I get a nasty squeal, if only my headset is plugged in. I did find that when riding by yourself I have to turn the Intercom down.

I still am not sure what the proplem is but I think it is a bad ground somewhere. :think:

Brad

Brad: You may want to do a voltage test to make sure that you are only getting the ~13V you are supposed to be through your system. I had a nasty squeal through mine when my regulator stopped working.

I realize this is a rare thing (and there are probably many other possible causes of this), but it is high impact if it goes out while you are riding as it can do serious damage to the other electrical components.

As for the clicking (and other options to deal with the squeal) I'm sure someone else can chime in with good suggestions.