IGNORED

What a great trip!

1sttenor

We just got back from a week in Colorado. What a great ride. The weather was perfect for the whole week except the 1st day, which was ok, since we were acclimating to the 10,500 elevation of the condo that day anyway.

One note, our Ventures run great in the mountains. I was riding with a couple of new Harleys, one 08 & one 09, I could climb Loveland Pass at 65 mph, 2up with the cruise on and the harley guys were wondering why I was running so hard!

Here are a few pics.

It is a beautiful ride up there and yes you are right,When you ride with the stock harleys thats where they see the big difference in Power..Not torque,Power. Not bashing the Harleys its just a little disappointing to the few friends I have that my Venture will pull better than theres even when Im pulling my Trailer, in the mountains especially.

When we had the '07 International rally in Ft. Collins, CO. I didn't get the chance to ride anywhere nears what I wanted to. I do know that the Candian crew did about 2K miles there when we attended the rally. My greatest regret is I didn't get but 300 miles in there, but I'm looking to go back

:happy34:

Beautiful pic's. I just got back from Co. also. Didn't do that pass but did do Mt. Evens which when we got to the top my GPS read 14,171 feet. The first thing everyone ask is how did the Venture do? The Venture did not miss a lick! It did great all the way up. A BMW rider at the top said his BMW was missing a little, he guessed the computer was having trouble with the thin air. I did have trouble with my cruise control at high altitudes though. It would not hold. When I got down below 7,000 feet it did fine though. My Venture is 9 years old and that may have something to do with it. Glad you had a great trip. Western CO is one of the most beautiful places in the US but eastern CO you can have.:thumbsup2:

Beautiful pic's. I just got back from Co. also. Didn't do that pass but did do Mt. Evens which when we got to the top my GPS read 14,171 feet. The first thing everyone ask is how did the Venture do? The Venture did not miss a lick! It did great all the way up. A BMW rider at the top said his BMW was missing a little, he guessed the computer was having trouble with the thin air. I did have trouble with my cruise control at high altitudes though. It would not hold. When I got down below 7,000 feet it did fine though. My Venture is 9 years old and that may have something to do with it. Glad you had a great trip. Western CO is one of the most beautiful places in the US but eastern CO you can have.:thumbsup2:

I agree. Next trip is to SW CO, Ouray-Durango area.

• 4 months later...

Great picks!!!! I've been lucky enough to ride Colorado several times and will be going back in 2010. I have a question about the pictures you posted. I see you have passenger armrests mounted on your RSV. I had them on my Goldwing and would like a set on my 09 RSV. Can you tell me where you got them?

Thanks David