IGNORED

Well problems...HELP

Kregerdoodle

it's probably blown! If you had an old analog meter you could put the leads on the cap one way, and reverse the leads and watch the meter. You should read infinity ohms both directions, but when you reverse the leads you should read zdero for a split sec`ond and watch the meter rise to infinity.

The capacitor is needed to start the motor, and from what you are describing, it bit the big one...

Bongobobny may be right, (he's right about how to test it), but the white stuff you're seeing shouldn't have much use as an indicator. Usually when a capacitor goes bad, there's a spot on top that'll pop out. I'm guessing that your cap is black, round....in that case, there'll be a hole in the plastic top about ? 1/4 ? or so that should be visibly blown out, and if it'll leak anything, it'll be oil.

It's been a while since I've had to work on well pumps, I'm actually an HVAC technician, but feel free to call me if you want me to help walk you through it.

John 614 595 2046

:smash2: :icon_smile_question

There is a round spot on the end where the connectors go that looks blow out, or ate up, that is where the stuff was comming out... I just called the well guy, I just don`t have the time to mess with it, going to lowells in the morning. I`m pretty sure the Well guy will stick it to me... but he may need some phone work some day, and it will all come out in the wash.... Thanks for your input!!

got it fixed...lucky for everyone going to Lowells I`ll be able to take a shower now...hehehe

any way, changed the capacitor,contacts and the little valve on top of the water pipe coming out of it...and $158.00 later I have water again...so for now all is good....

Thanks for the input ya`ll....

K