IGNORED

Look what I have found!

PastorPaul

For a RSV...You probably would want to pull the drive shaft out so it would not spin all the stuff in the tranny. I think you could damage something if you did not do something to stop all that from spinning. You may not notice it immediately but I think you would decrease the life of the bike. If it was chain drive bike...pop the chain off.

Really I would not put any of my bikes in that thing...chain, shaft or belt drive. :confused24:

I tried something like this in back 1981 with an FLH. I made it a whole 10 feet before the trailer hitch bent like a wet noodle. This sort of thing would take a very beefy hitch and bumper to handle a bike the size of a Venture.

I tried something like this in back 1981 with an FLH. I made it a whole 10 feet before the trailer hitch bent like a wet noodle. This sort of thing would take a very beefy hitch and bumper to handle a bike the size of a Venture.

You beat me to it.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Most trailer hitches have a tongue weight of 500 pounds or less. This unit looks to stick out close to 2 feet so it would cut the tongue weight capasity in half. So max tongue weight would be around 250 pounds. Venture weighs around 800 pounds. So approxametly 400 pounds on the tow unit. Hmmmmmmmm

Other thing I don't like is it doesn't hold much of the front wheel. On turns it would put a lot of stress on the front wheel. I noticed that the dirt bike leaned a little on the turns. I also noticed that they didn't even show the street bikes in the turns. Coincidence?

:scared:

:thumbdown:the trany bearings are lubed by the oil pump when running to tow it in that maner will be a bad idea . dont do it!

Uh Oh!!!

When coming from the Hoover Dam there was a loooong down hill. I turned the engine off and just coasted for a mile or so.

I guess I won't be doing THAT again!!

craigr

I wonder how well this would work with the RSV.

RUSS beat me to it, I was going to say......Her feet would have to lay across the trunk!

If you see my RSV on a trailer......................CALL THE COPS, IT'S STOLEN:sign back to topic: