IGNORED

Speed traps!!!!!

Jrichard

Joan

(this is no joke)

I received this e-mail this morn.:thumbsup2:

VERY INTERESTING .........

This is interesting. When you get the web site up, click on the state.

Then the next window is a listing of all the cities in that state.

Click on your city and there are the speed traps listed.

SPEED TRAPS - NO JOKE...CHECK IT OUT!

Pretty simple stuff, drive the speed limit and you will have no problem.

I have never received a ticket I didn't deserve.

We have recently had a group of State Police in our County. As I understand it they are allowing 6 MPH over the speed limit and no tolerance for anything else.

Jerry

I added a speed trap of my own in there. It is SR-571 between I-75 and SR-25A in Troy, OH. The west bound lane is 35 MPH going out of town and only has one barely visible sign. The east bound lane is 45 MPH coming into town and there are three signs showing this.

I got pinched there right after I moved because I had the evening sun in my eyes and could barely see the vehicle in front of me, let alone any signs. Out of the 5 vehicles in the group, I was #3, I was the only one pulled over and ticketed. When the officer asked if I was aware of the speed limit, I pointed at the east bound sign and said yes and quoted it to him. He responded by saying that was the East bound lane, not the West bound lane. I asked what the difference was and he told me 10 MPH.

I explained my self in court, but didn't accomplish anything more than :bang head: with the judge. My insurance agent told me later on that spot makes quite a bit of money for both the city of Troy, and Miami county.

Now that one sounds like a legitimate speed trap. That's more than just giving someone a ticket for speeding. That's sabatoge.

I read a few comments about various locations with which I'm familiar on that site. Much of it is just whining about not being able to break the law. In one comment a guy identified himself as an LEO and responded to some of it with basically, "Don't like tickets? Don't speed. Reap what you sow."

Someone told me something years ago that I've always remembered. "It's a real cushy life if you live within the rules." I can't say I always heeded it then, and I still don't always. But it sure is nice to be able to stroll down the road and fully not care if there's an LEO right around the next curve and not be constantly worrying about getting a ticket for speeding.

I live on a very busy two lane country road where people are constantly speeding. The road is really too narrow for the speed limit to be as high as it is, and be that as it may, for many people it's still not fast enough. Twice now I've had someone go flying around me only to have a cop go by us the other way within barely another a mile, wheel around, pass me, and stop the guy. It's really hard not to chuckle.

Most people feels that Speeding is not a crime, but the fact is Speeding kills more people everyday than anything else. Sure, there may be other factors involved, but Speeding adds to the problem. Most "Speed Traps" that I've heard people talk about are well marked and posted before hand. One here locally (that is in the top 10 in the US) that everyone complaints about has Oversized Speed Limit Signs on both sides of the road as you enter into the city limits, but people just refuse to drive the limit. And "Speed Limit" doesn't mean 10 over...... and yes, I'm guilty sometimes myself because I love to play.

:2cents: