IGNORED

Grizzly ride

friesman

Danged lucky guy. Yep, those bears just come flyin out of nowhere ... had that happen to me once. Thankfully, it was ahead of me and travelling at an angle away from me but I still had to hit the brakes real hard to avoid it. Danged thing just looked at me and kept on running ... by then I was mad as h3LL so I chased it with horn blaring and me screamin. LOL

I nailed a black bear years ago in a 280ZX Datsun. He also came flying across the road and I T-boned him. I was lucky I did not get under him as he would have been thru the windshield. I slid 45 feet before I hit him and about 45 feet after I hit him. You could tell the point in the road I hit him as he spewed apple butter everywhere on the road, all over the car and inside the car where I had the window down. There were several apple orchards in the area of the mountains where I hit him and evidently he had been eating on them.

RandyA

I nailed a black bear years ago in a 280ZX Datsun. He also came flying across the road and I T-boned him. I was lucky I did not get under him as he would have been thru the windshield. I slid 45 feet before I hit him and about 45 feet after I hit him. You could tell the point in the road I hit him as he spewed apple butter everywhere on the road, all over the car and inside the car where I had the window down. There were several apple orchards in the area of the mountains where I hit him and evidently he had been eating on them.

RandyA

Apple butter huh? ... I really like that on toast ..... uh ... oh ... you mean THAT kind of apple butter... EEWWWWWWW

:rotf: :rotf:

I come from Newfoundland Canada. We always had to keep our eyes open for moose. I've had several encounters with them both in cars and on motorcycles. Never hit one though, Thank God. The island does have a large population of black bears too. Never crossed my mind that they were there. Guess I have something new to watch out for next time I'm back that way.

I come from Newfoundland Canada. We always had to keep our eyes open for moose. I've had several encounters with them both in cars and on motorcycles. Never hit one though, Thank God. The island does have a large population of black bears too. Never crossed my mind that they were there. Guess I have something new to watch out for next time I'm back that way.

I lived in Northern BC (west of Prince George) for a while a few years back. MAJOR moose country! My job was IT support for 2 sawmills that were appx 200 km apart and I had to drive to each one every day .... had many close calls with moose and deer. Never saw any bear near the highway up there tho but there were lots of them in the bush coz nobody went into the bush without bear spray, a good whistle, and a rifle close at hand.