IGNORED

Our Trip to South Dakota!

Yama Mama

Hi Everybody,

We rode our 99RSV all the way to South Dakota from our home in Cincinnati, Ohio. It was 3600 miles round trip. The bike preformed beautifully even though we obviously abused her. I have some photos posted below out of the 700 I took.

It was truly an experience we will never forget. For the most part we camped in our 7 X 9 tent.

We were comfortable until the King size air mattress sprung a leak the second night.

This is such a beautiful country we live in. I was in constant awe of the landscape. The Badlands and the Black Hills are amazing. We rode some fantastic roads that I would love to ride again.

We met many wonderful people and we almost run off the road by a biker gang dude.

The Lord looked out for us and brought us safely home. We have never seen so many motorcycles in our life. We did run into one VR member in the Badlands.

I know we will never travel that far again without a trailer. We would not abuse our bike and Ron like that again. The winds on the open road are very strong and with the cargo we were carrying it was just too much to handle. We even packed light.

Here are a few photos, I am still working on uploading them on Photobucket .

Yama Mama

I see you caught up with Darryl and Rhonda Barnes (Brick on the site) from Kitchener Ontario. Great folks and we have rode a few miles with those folks ourselves. It does appear that you abused the ol '99, but she took you there and brought you home....nice job

:thumbsup2:

Great pics!! ... curious about that Victory ... is that a stock model or did the guy customize it? Looks cool...wayyyyy nicer than the "Vision".

No it is a stock model, I do not recall the name of it however. It really was sharp looking.

Yama Mama

No it is a stock model, I do not recall the name of it however. It really was sharp looking.

Yama Mama

Interesting! ... I looked all over their website and could not see anything that looked like that. Must be a base model with some accessories bolted on. :think:

The area is beautiful isn't it. I used to live there and hope, God willing, I'll be able to get back and live there maybe when I retire. Although retirement is a distance off yet, I can still look forward to it right?? :hihi: