IGNORED

new nomad heading for my stable.

Snarley Bill

pulled off the deal on my new nomad this morning. would have brought it home this morning but i had my truck and could'nt leave it at the dealer. going to ride the zx-14 down tomorrow and leave it for a frame recall check, and ride the new one home. sure is beautiful. the chroming is about to begin. anyone want to buy a 2007 majesty 400 scooter. i'm running out of room. it's got to go. :depressed: :2133:

pulled off the deal on my new nomad this morning. would have brought it home this morning but i had my truck and could'nt leave it at the dealer. going to ride the zx-14 down tomorrow and leave it for a frame recall check, and ride the new one home. sure is beautiful. the chroming is about to begin. anyone want to buy a 2007 majesty 400 scooter. i'm running out of room. it's got to go. :depressed: :2133:

Guess I'm going to have to come up with an excuse for a trip to St. Charles......

Congrats, Bill!!!

:big-grin-emoticon:

hey bill i could have went with you and rode it back for you :biker: and i have room in my garage and i even live somewhat close to ya, If ya want i even have time to break it in for ya so what do you think :stirthepot:

hey bill i could have went with you and rode it back for you :biker: and i have room in my garage and i even live somewhat close to ya' date=' If ya want i even have time to break it in for ya so what do you think :stirthepot:[/quote'] if i had enough brains to think, i woud'nt have bought the damn thing.:rotf::rotf::rotfl::rasberry:

Wow Bill you keep on you'll be changing the living room into your motorcycle quarters. I can just see Linda watching TV with the Nomad on one side the GW on the other side with Linda in the middle:buttkick:.

Now that's high dollar drink coasters.:mo money:

Glad you was able to make the deal. Looking forward to seeing your new toy!!

So when are you going to allow RoadKill & Me to test drive you Nomad. We have to see if it will carry Stag beer and chips.;)

Buddy

got to add, it is a 2008 model, 1600 cc.. i sat on a 1700 2009 and there were several things i did'nt care for, the main one being the extra $4000,00 on the price tag. the one i bought is two tone blue and silver. after spending 4 hours on nomad forums last night investigating the 1600, it came out on top for looks and function to fit what i was looking for. lewis, would love to be at vogel. i found out my blood pressure is off the map, so atkins diet here i come. really went over board this summer on beer and food.this weight has really taken it's toll. :depressed:

got to add, it is a 2008 model, 1600 cc.. i sat on a 1700 2009 and there were several things i did'nt care for, the main one being the extra $4000,00 on the price tag. the one i bought is two tone blue and silver. after spending 4 hours on nomad forums last night investigating the 1600, it came out on top for looks and function to fit what i was looking for. lewis, would love to be at vogel. i found out my blood pressure is off the map, so atkins diet here i come. really went over board this summer on beer and food.this weight has really taken it's toll. :depressed:

http://www.kawasakimotorcycle.org/images/2009/vulcan1600nomad.jpg

Look like this? silver & blue

Guest Boomerbiker

Upon taking the MSF class in 2005 after a 30 year hiatus from riding, I rode a "trainer bike'" Suzuki C-50 for five months. That was followed by the 2005 Nomad, the same color and size as Bill's new ride and the first year for the 1600 CC engine. A year and 12,000 miles later, I bought the Venture. The Nomad was smooth, burned high octane fuel and I enjoyed it but wanted the amenities of uppers and lowers, cruise control, etc. If I had room in the garage, I would have kept the Nomad. I like the 2009 Nomad as opposed to the Voyager which came in last in the recent Rider review where the tried and true Venture tied with the Harley.

This has nothing to do with the Nomad, but thought I'd see if I could hijack a thread. :D

Last week I rode a friend's 2007 Stratoliner. WOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!! If I was in the market for a cruiser style bike I think that would be the one. I have always liked the Nomad, but after riding the Strat I can't imagine any other cruiser that would be as smooth, as butt-kickin' powerful, and as NIMBLE as that bike. When getting on it, all I had to do was just think about lifting it off the side stand and up it came. It feels like that monster only weighs 50 pounds! And this is the first cruiser I ever rode that felt "flickable".....I bet it would be a blast to run through the twisties. Seating position felt great.

I gotta stay away from those or the wife will kill me!!!

Joe

What are you going to be asking for the scooter. Might know someone interested.

The new 1700 Nomad is nice, but I agree, I would have bought a leftover 2008 too. I almost did, but decided to go with a Stratoliner S.

I have ordered an I-basket for my 99. Since it is so far out of warranty, this is coming out of my pocket. Going to change it myself.

If this doesn't resolve the SCREAM to my satisfaction, I will probably sell it and look for a Strat also. I'd have to figure out a way to add a trunk (maybe from an RSV) in order to make the wife "feel" more secure and allow me to carry all the stuff that I do....but after having 2 consecutive RSV's with the chirp problem I won't buy another one. And that breaks my heart since I've never been so comfortable on any bike as on my RSV. But....I gotta get rid of that infernal noise some way or I'll end up riding solo. And that would be even worse.

Joe

The new 1700 Nomad is nice, but I agree, I would have bought a leftover 2008 too. I almost did, but decided to go with a Stratoliner S.
the strats are awesome. wanted to go with the water cooling and vibration damper. it is smooth as glass from 1500 rpm up. my big complaint is the exaust sounds like crap. it is not loud, it just has no character. that big cat chamber ruins the v-twin sound. i think a vance and hines may be down the road, way down the road. :2133: