IGNORED

Florida info.

Guest wrench

Guest wrench

My son and daughter-in-law live in Orlando, but are looking at buying a house in the Apopka area. It needs some minor sprucing up, paint, etc., and has a separate apartment/in-laws qtrs. The question I have is around zoning regs. It has a large 3-car carport/shed that is enclosed on 3 sides, and they would like to enclose that into a garage, and add a screened patio to the rear of the house if they buy it. Would a permit be required for this project? I and one of my electrician riding buds and our wives would come down and do the work for them for the use the apt. I've done some surfing for zoning regs, but haven't found much info yet. Any help with this is appreciated.

Area for garage, doors, must be supported by 2X10, across and down the sides, for a hurricane rating, and locakable (side or floor locks)

Screen enclosure needs a permit, H/O can do a Home builder permit

frame must be supported by a 6" X 6" footer with 1 # 5 Rebar, supported by "Chairs"

(Keeps rebar from sinking to the bottom of the pour)

Frame must be tapped with 1/4 in dia X 4.25 long concrete tap-cons

go into the city of orlando, building permits. sometimes the building department show the required, supports for the enclosure

when installing screens, start with the top panels and work your way down

Good luck

Brake Pad

Residential Builder

Normally, of course it changes depending on where you are. Checking with the local building inspector will answer all your questions. Here in Michigan a permit is required if the project is estimated to run more then 600.00 dollars.

Guest wrench

Thanks Brake Pad, I was thinking there were "extra's" because of the hurricane thing, I'll do some more searching for the specs. It may be all for naught as he told my wife yesterday afternoon that they called about making an appointment to look at it with the realtor and were told that it's no longer on the market. When he asked for more info he was told "just what I said", and was hung up on! He's going to ask the realtor that's helping them to see what he can find out. Sounds like a crappy way of doing business to me. Thanks for the help.

Guest wrench

Talked to the kids last night about the house situation. Their realtor called the listing agent and found that there is some sort of a title dispute. He was told they have put the listing on "hold" until it's resolved. From what limited info I have it sounded like the listing real estate co. had purchased the house from the previous owner. My son's realtor told them he felt asssured it would be a quick resolution, and he also got an apology for them from the agent that hung up on them.