IGNORED

It's almost like it's a whole new world

a1bummer

My wife and son both had sinus surgery a few years ago to clean out all of the little pockets and stuff. Both of them were constantly troubled with sinus infections and/or allegies. Since the surgery, zero, zip, nothing. They can't believe the improvement. For instance, prior to the surgery, my wife would use four or five boxes of Kleenex every week just for sneezing and runny nose. Now we may use a box every other month. If you have allergies or sinus problems, by all means, check into it.

. If you have allergies or sinus problems, by all means, check into it.

Can you be more specific on the exact surgery? What is it called? What exactly do they do? My wife is constantly stuffed up, has long-lasting sneezing "attacks", is constantly coughing to clear her throat because it interferes with her speaking & voice. I would really like to see her get rid of this.

It was called Septoplasty Surgery.

I have NEVER been able to breath through my nose. Very deviated septum, Polyps, chronic sinusitis, chronic bronchitis, and severe allergies. A lot of my problems are related in one way or another. Hopefully by breaking the chain reaction, I can have more of a symptom free life. I remember the oxygen tents I spent part of my childhood in. Things got better in my teenage years, but got worse again in the last few years.

I had real problems breathing and with plugged up nose etc. Seems I had a long running sinus infection. The doc ran a blunt needle up through my nostrils and flushed the sinus cavities out. It was the worst pain I have ever felt but only lasted a couple minutes, and I have had several broken bones, sprains, torn muscles etc. I could not believe the difference afterwards. I was literally dancing in the street afterwards.

I had real problems breathing and with plugged up nose etc. Seems I had a long running sinus infection. The doc ran a blunt needle up through my nostrils and flushed the sinus cavities out. It was the worst pain I have ever felt but only lasted a couple minutes, and I have had several broken bones, sprains, torn muscles etc. I could not believe the difference afterwards. I was literally dancing in the street afterwards.

Now THAT I would like to have seen! :rotf:

My families surgery was much more invasive. The surgean literally removed all of the little pockets in the upper and lower sinuses. Evidently, these pockets are where bacteria can develop and just remain there. It was an outpatient procedure and the next few days were pretty messy, but well worth it all. Just a note, on my earlier post I said my wife used four or five boxes of tissue a week, that should have been per month. If anyone want more detail, just pm me and I'll tell you all about it. Kind of gross, but again, well worth it.

Ever since the sinus surgery that is. But one side effect... my gas smells a lot worse! :smilies6: I'm gonna have to give the Doc hell for that!

You know the truth is that your gas probably always smelled that bad; you just could not smell it.

Avoid beans.

YamaMama:big-grin-emoticon:

You know the truth is that your gas probably always smelled that bad; you just could not smell it.

Avoid beans.

YamaMama:big-grin-emoticon:

You know there is a very good reason for there being a sound to a fart???????

It's for the BENEFIT of those who can't smell it!!!!!!

from the two guys I know who had this done, both said they would never want to do this again; one went so far as to say if he had known, he would never had done it.

Good luck, I understand it is rather painfull!

• 2 weeks later...

Ya, the recovery sucked, but the other day I could smell the brownie my other half was eating behind me while we were riding down. A while after that I could smell what smelled like corn dogs out in the middle of nowhere, and a mile or so later we drove past a chicken factory that made fried chicken.

:thumbsup2: