IGNORED

Undercover/Not so Secretive Meet

Love the gauges how long of an install was it

Gauges were not that long of a job,Maybe 3 hours. And yes they fit great but thats because Ponch cuts out a very nice panel to replace the cassette face. He is gonna make a fortune IF he ever starts making them for members!

If you guys did four bikes in one day that is amazing. With all the stuff that has to come off and the tight fit on the valve covers you did a heck of a job. How about posting the details on how to do it?

Yes, four in one day (plus carb floats on two of them AND a new shock on another bike) was a lot of work - the only way it was possible is that we had at least three folks there who are accomplished wrenches in their own rights, and the others weren't any slouches either. All the bikes were stripped by their owners simultaneously, then we adjusted the valves one bike at a time, and the owner was left to patch it back together with help only when asked (or when the groans, shrieks and #$%^*& were getting so loud they indicated emergency attention was needed)!

It was especially tough on me - I don't think anyone else was drinking beer, and I doubt you can imagine the terrible mental pressure I was under feeling the need to consume 2 1/2 cases in one day! NEXT time there danged well better be some other beer drinkers there!!!!!

I'll be writing up the "lessons learned" and detailed procedures in another thread, and after fine tuning from the memories of the other participants, we'll put it in the tech library.

I would like to run to Texas sometime to learn from the gurus how to set the valves and set the floats. I can then extend this knowledge up here in Great Flyover Country of the Midwest.

Goose is a one day ride (1100 miles), BuddyRich might be doable in a day (1330 miles). Could do this in a 3 day weekend if we don't spent too much time consuming the honorary beverages.

Would some of you be willing to teach a Grasshopper your mechanical Ninja secrets?

Perhaps a weekend in late Sept. or October? Maybe in the spring?

Feel free to come on down any time (just call to make sure I'll be in town). And if you want to wait for the cool time, well, that's OK too - we see lots of pantie-waists down here in those months! :rotf:And the beverages are mandatory at this house!

Goose

Feel free to come on down any time (just call to make sure I'll be in town). And if you want to wait for the cool time, well, that's OK too - we see lots of pantie-waists down here in those months! :rotf:And the beverages are mandatory at this house!

Goose

Well I think I know where I'm going this winter.. mind you, when your temps are decent we're under a lot of snow up here hehe..

But it would be a lot of fun..

Cheers

It was especially tough on me - I don't think anyone else was drinking beer, and I doubt you can imagine the terrible mental pressure I was under feeling the need to consume 2 1/2 cases in one day! NEXT time there danged well better be some other beer drinkers there!!!!!

Goose

The cooler weather is just a bonus. To busy with other rides ... and family things ... to do it sooner.

Please tell me I wouldn't be subjected to Lone Star beer when I get down there! That stuff is nasty. I will bring down some good Wisconsin Microbrews (Sprecher, Gray's, etc.) to pay homage to the masters.

RR

The cooler weather is just a bonus. To busy with other rides ... and family things ... to do it sooner.

Please tell me I wouldn't be subjected to Lone Star beer when I get down there! That stuff is nasty. I will bring down some good Wisconsin Microbrews (Sprecher, Gray's, etc.) to pay homage to the masters.

RR

Are you saying that drinking Texas beer is like making love in a canoe??

(the punch line is reserved for around the table ;)

RR

Beer preferences (similar to motorcycle preferences) are a very individualized thing - if everyone could recognize a terrible nasty offensive foul brew, Miller wouldn't be able to sell even one bottle (clearly the worst urine sold in bottle or can anywhere!). There are lots of great beers available, and probably thousands of just average but drinkable beers - I will happily sample any of it, but I despise Miller and any wheat beer. And I actually find Lone Star pretty good. :big-grin-emoticon:

I look forward to seeing what you present. Ride safe,

Goose

Beer preferences (similar to motorcycle preferences) are a very individualized thing - if everyone could recognize a terrible nasty offensive foul brew, Miller wouldn't be able to sell even one bottle (clearly the worst urine sold in bottle or can anywhere!). There are lots of great beers available, and probably thousands of just average but drinkable beers - I will happily sample any of it, but I despise Miller and any wheat beer. And I actually find Lone Star pretty good. :big-grin-emoticon:

I look forward to seeing what you present. Ride safe,

Goose

While it is a beer brewed and based in Milwaukee, I would become a wine drinker if Miller was all that was available. I also share your disdain for wheat beer (too sweet). Give me a full bodied PBR or a good Pale Ale and I am happy.

I also figured out long ago that if I drank light beer, I would still be fat. Therefore, it makes no sense to give up the taste.

Perhaps I will need to try a Lone Star while in Texas. Beer is like bread - it spoils over time. It may be similar to my experience with Falstaff - was a great beer when purchased in Ft. Wayne (where it was brewed) but nasty swill anywhere else I tried it.

We shall see.

RR

While it is a beer brewed and based in Milwaukee, I would become a wine drinker if Miller was all that was available. I also share your disdain for wheat beer (too sweet). Give me a full bodied PBR or a good Pale Ale and I am happy.

I also figured out long ago that if I drank light beer, I would still be fat. Therefore, it makes no sense to give up the taste.

Perhaps I will need to try a Lone Star while in Texas. Beer is like bread - it spoils over time. It may be similar to my experience with Falstaff - was a great beer when purchased in Ft. Wayne (where it was brewed) but nasty swill anywhere else I tried it.

We shall see.

RR

I look forward to doing some comparisons with you - it seems like we may actually have some similar tastes. One of the biggest problems in talking about major brands that have been around a while is that almost all of the breweries have been bought and/or changed their recipes over time. PBR is a perfect example of that - it was once great, then tried to get cheaper and turned into an embarrassing swill that became a joke world-wide. I have heard they were back to the original recipe, but it's been a long time since I tried it.

Just for grins, here are three beers that are widely available and which I rate right at the top for major commercial brews (in no particular order, since they are different types):

• Foster's Special Bitter in the green oil can (NOT Foster's Lager in the blue can)
  • Warsteiner Premium Verum
  • Negra Modelo

Goose

Foster's Special Bitter in the green oil can (NOT Foster's Lager in the blue can)

Warsteiner Premium Verum

Negra Modelo V7Goose Favorites

Hummm Now that I know THAT, I may be able to pursuade him back down here...Ive got a fence to build, rocks to pickup, tire to change. I have noted this!

Im also learning how to underline to get my point across. LOL:stickpoke::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Just for grins, here are three beers that are widely available and which I rate right at the top for major commercial brews (in no particular order, since they are different types):

• Foster's Special Bitter in the green oil can (NOT Foster's Lager in the blue can)
  • Warsteiner Premium Verum
  • Negra Modelo

Goose

We'll bring down some Alexandre Keith's India Pale Ale.. the good stuff..