The scoot picked up some bad habits over the weekend and I don't know why.

All of a sudden, the idle is real low, on acceration, in all gears, it started sputterring then eventually smooths out. On deacceration it backfires, if suddenly it sounds like a M-80, if not so suddenly not quite as loud.

I pulled the plugs which are all realitively new, like a month old. They all have about the same light covering of black dry soot.

Over the weekend I was riding two up pulling a trailor.

Got any hints?

The scoot picked up some bad habits over the weekend and I don't know why.

All of a sudden, the idle is real low, on acceration, in all gears, it started sputterring then eventually smooths out. On deacceration it backfires, if suddenly it sounds like a M-80, if not so suddenly not quite as loud.

I pulled the plugs which are all realitively new, like a month old. They all have about the same light covering of black dry soot.

Over the weekend I was riding two up pulling a trailor.

Got any hints?

Hi Bob,I'd say the choke is not fully disengaged....:think:

My first guess: connections to the TCI.

JEremy

Good Guess because apparently you were right. I checked the connections and they appeared to be tight and fully seated. But, I pulled them loose anyway and sprayed them with CRC contact cleaner and plugged them back in and the problem totally went away. WOW

Thanks for the advice

Good Guess because apparently you were right. I checked the connections and they appeared to be tight and fully seated. But, I pulled them loose anyway and sprayed them with CRC contact cleaner and plugged them back in and the problem totally went away. WOW

Thanks for the advice

This is why I don't even play a mechanic on tv.......:bang head::bang head: :doh::doh: :crackup::crackup:

Glad ya got it fixed Bob......:happy34: