IGNORED

Ouch....Ouch....Ouch !!!

BoomerCPO

makes you make sure to bring the antihistamines and a cellphone.

now what's the part about the white dot, never heard that before.

now honeybee stings you rub with a copper penny, itch gone! (my grandparents kept bees)

Ones with white dot on their forehead don't sting, they're wood bees. Bumble bees do resemble carpenter/wood-boring bees. They're slightly smaller and have a more elaborate yellow-fuzzy 'jacket'. http://forums.organicgardening.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Just an fyi on the carpenter bees: The males (the ones you'll see the most) have no stingers and are all show and no action. They'll only buzz around you to intimidate you and protect their nest. Females do have stingers, but rarely use them. They mainly stay hidden w/their colony.

Hey Boomer,

I know you like to keep the "boys" cool :crackup::crackup:by putting your feet up on the pegs and letting the air flow up the jeans, but what if the yellowjacket had been sucked up there??:think:the mind boggles at the outcome :rotf::rotf:

Think I might have the answer for you to keep the jeans down:thumbsup2: They are called "Yo' Mama Cruiser Clips" they keep the pant legs down. It staes "made in America by riders for riders". I got mine from CruiserCustomizing.com, but there is an email on the info form:

cruiserclips@cox.net

I find them great, as my right leg sticks up a bit now that it's stiff. It also means I won't catch the hem of my jeans on the bike anywhere while I'm getting off--which is a major event with a stiff leg I can tell ya :rotf::rotf::rotf:

A riding friend of mine WAS wearing shorts AND was a passenger teaching his better half to ride, when a wasp went up his shorts, he was stung 15-20 times where you really do not want to be stung.:scared:

As a passenger you need to convince the driver to pull over FAST.

Now 20 years later when we talk about it, It was hilarious.

Hey Boomer,

I know you like to keep the "boys" cool :crackup::crackup:by putting your feet up on the pegs and letting the air flow up the jeans, but what if the yellowjacket had been sucked up there??:think:the mind boggles at the outcome :rotf::rotf:

Think I might have the answer for you to keep the jeans down:thumbsup2: They are called "Yo' Mama Cruiser Clips" they keep the pant legs down. It staes "made in America by riders for riders". I got mine from CruiserCustomizing.com, but there is an email on the info form:

cruiserclips@cox.net

I find them great, as my right leg sticks up a bit now that it's stiff. It also means I won't catch the hem of my jeans on the bike anywhere while I'm getting off--which is a major event with a stiff leg I can tell ya :rotf::rotf::rotf:

Thanks for the info Annie!

Boomer.....who thinks this might be a lot cheaper than chrome-framed screen doors.:crackup:

I havebeen stung 3 times in the last week in the same calf. (its all swollen up now turns out I may be allergic) Went to my local hardware store and bought some velcro straps they are 20" long put them on my pants at boot level, lose the cool breeze but no more angry insects in the pants. cost me about $6 for a pack of 6.:thumbsup:

Living up to my RoadKill name last Saturday a Black bird hit me at the top of my head about foread high. Busted my helmet visor and made me see stars for a few 2nds. I even saw it coming and dodged my head, but I guess the bird zigged when I zagged.