IGNORED

Mini-Asheville ideas

mini-muffin

There is a different way, especially if you and Brandi want to stay here over night.

Vogel from us, is about 5 hours.

We appreciate the offer George, but if I am not mistaken you guys are going up on the weekend? We plan on leaving the 11th which is Tuesday.

We wouldn't want to inconvenience you guys, ya'll being Newlyweds and all!!:whistling: :rotfl::rotfl:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if I can make it, but I may try to roll out after work on Saturday (about 1pm) which will put me there about 4:30 if I blow up the highway. Besides, I need some Sour Bratten!

We'll just have to see.

Edited by 86er

We appreciate the offer George, but if I am not mistaken you guys are going up on the weekend? We plan on leaving the 11th which is Tuesday.

We wouldn't want to inconvenience you guys, ya'll being Newlyweds and all!!:whistling: :rotfl::rotfl:

We are leaving early Friday morning.

But, this is no inconvenience to us. Brandi is more than welcome to stay here. :rotf::rotf:

As I was getting ready to pull out the little camper and get it ready, I noticed we still have our big tent. It is one with a big center room that is screened with a room on each end that will zip up. We also have a spare big air mattress. Since Laura will be driving her car down towing the trailer with the little camper on it, we will have plenty of room to bring the tent. This would be for anyone that would like to have a place to stay and have not made arrangements yet for one night or four.

So keep in mind that there will be sleeping space available and it might only cost you a cold drink. And, if it is like last year, we never ran out of something to eat and drink(well, we did run out of Biltmore wine, but that is a different story).

RandyA

Ok now I'm gealous. We didn't get to see the dungeon otr at least by name. Only thing we saw was mini try to help muffinman flash my wife.

David

David ,

I was there while the house was being built . I know where all the trap doors , secrete passages and shoe closet is also! Bobbie has here own tool shed in a secret location , that's why they call her the "Mechanic" . And it's not the dark room where she processes all the photos she takes either !!!!!!!!:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

BEER30

David ,

I was there while the house was being built . I know where all the trap doors , secrete passages and shoe closet is also! Bobbie has here own tool shed in a secret location , that's why they call her the "Mechanic" . And it's not the dark room where she processes all the photos she takes either !!!!!!!!:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

BEER30

More secret places were added after you left, Beer30!!!!:cool10::cool10::cool10:

Berliner Kindl German Restaurant

121 Broadway

Black Mountain, NC 28711

Phone: 828-669-5255

Authentic German Restaurant offers exciting menu with a wonderful European atmosphere. We are German owned and operated. Visit the German Import Store in our restaurant which offers an extensive selection of meats, chocolates, cookies, cosmetics, breads, german beers, wines and much more! Hours are Monday Through Sarurday 11:00am until 8:00pm. We accept reservations.

I couldn't find a web page.

However, I'm curious about the schedule too on Saturday. I want to make it to the KOA early, but if I run late would like to know where I might catch everyone for breakfast or possibly even lunch.

If anyone from Georgia wants to join me, I'm planning on riding up US23 from Clarkesville thru Clayton GA, Franklin NC, to I40 at Waynesville NC, then east to Asheville and Swannanoa/Black Mountain. Then will come back after dinner via I26 to US25 to SC11 to US123 to Clarkesville GA, and on to home. It'll be a long day, but should be home by midnight.

121 Broadway

Black Mountain, NC 28711

Phone: 828-669-5255

If anyone from Georgia wants to join me, I'm planning on riding up US23 from Clarkesville thru Clayton GA, Franklin NC, to I40 at Waynesville NC, then east to Asheville and Swannanoa/Black Mountain. Then will come back after dinner via I26 to US25 to SC11 to US123 to Clarkesville GA, and on to home. It'll be a long day, but should be home by midnight.

Randy, I'm planning on leaving after work on Saturday from Alpharetta. Probably between 1200 & 1300. I'm gonna go straight to the KOA to set up camp, then dinner. I'm guessing I should be at the big K by 15-1600.

Hey Mini, what site do you guys have? And does anyone want to share a site? :confused24: If not, I need to make a resi pretty soon.

Randy, I'm planning on leaving after work on Saturday from Alpharetta. Probably between 1200 & 1300. I'm gonna go straight to the KOA to set up camp, then dinner. I'm guessing I should be at the big K by 15-1600.

Hey Mini, what site do you guys have? And does anyone want to share a site? :confused24: If not, I need to make a resi pretty soon.

Todd, I think mini is site 23 and I believe we are 21. If you have not reserved a site yet, you may be able to share with us or someone else. I don't remember if there was a charge to add another tent, but last year we had several more tents than we had sites. The area where we are camping has a lot of room so I don't think you need to reserve a site.

Mini, since you suggested the German restaurant, when do you think we need to make the reservations? And, you may have mentioned it, but when are you getting there? We should be there before noon Wednesday. :banana:

RandyA

Mini;

Brenda and I are planning on coming for dinner (possibly plus two friends). What is on the schedule for the rest of the day??

you have an address for 'Berliner Kindl'? (being lazy here!)

Last year we didn't actually plan any real rides except to the Biltmore. Folks did what they wanted and there are plenty of roads to ride. We had folks head to TN down to Cherokee all over the place. Asheville is a great spot to stay to get around the area. In a short time you can be in another state. Last year a few of us went gem mining. It was a blast. This year I'm going again to a different place. Anyone interested is more then welcome to go along. This is where I'm headed: http://www.emeraldvillage.com/ It's in Little Switzerland which is a pretty nice little town. They have a nice little place to eat in town as well. To help you decide on what you may want to do here's the tourist site for NC. Oh and someone has the address for the restaurant posted.But in case you missed it

121 Broadway Black Mountain, NC 28711

http://www.visitnc.com/

Margaret

Edited by mini-muffin