IGNORED

Mini-Asheville ideas

mini-muffin

I was thinking about all of us going out to eat on saturday evening. There's the Berliner Kindl German Restaurant in Black Mountain. So if anyone is interested let me know and then I can make reservations for how ever many of us there will be. We'd probably have to get there by about 6 since they close at 8 on saturday's.

Margaret

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good to us mini.

Laura is thinking about making a pot of nacho meat sauce for one meal with chips, cheese, salsa, lettuce and tomato's. We can also do a hot dog grilling for a meal like we did last year. Would you like to do the pancake fixing for breakfast? There is a Denny's in Black Mountain also if anyone wants to do that on any morning. There is also a place called My Father's Pizza in Black Mountain that we like.

We will be bringing our canopy again so we can set up some meals under it with some extra chairs.

When are you planning on being there? We are planning to come down on Wednesday morning before noon. We need to start thinking about what we want to do. We only have about two weeks to get it rolling.

Thanks for posting this as Laura and I were talking about Asheville this afternoon.

RandyA

We can do the pancake breakfast. Which morning would you think you'd like to do it? I think some other folks will be there early as well. Maybe they can get up with you while their out there Randy. I'm not sure how many will be there early in the week though.

We'll be there friday. When I made the reservations Jeff was still working so only could get friday off.

Margaret

Those that stayed in the hotel last year stayed at the Super 8 in Black Mountain. Not too far down the road from the KOA. Worked well last year.I didn't call for a block of rooms because this year was kinda last minute and only for the weekend. We'd love to have you come.

Margaret

I might plan on making this one. If so do I need to mention Venture Riders when booking a room? Is everyone staying in a certain motel?

you caould also pm riderduke. I think he told me he will be staying at a motel. He might have some different info for you.

David

I might plan on making this one. If so do I need to mention Venture Riders when booking a room? Is everyone staying in a certain motel?

Here is where we stayed last year and this year. the only warning is they have a "No Cancelation policy" They charge your card when you book it.

Super 8 Black Mountain

101 Flat Creek Road

Black Mountain, NC 28711 US

Phone: 828-669-8076

So far we are still on for the trip. German food sounds good to us Mini. We will be heading towards Asheville on the 9th. I think we are in either Kabin 5 or 6. Hopefully we can get in before 6. Just depends on how early of a start we get. Last time it took us 9 1/2 hours to get there but only a little over 8 to get back. Must be because we were going down hill on the return trip.:hurts:

So far we are still on for the trip. German food sounds good to us Mini. We will be heading towards Asheville on the 9th. I think we are in either Kabin 5 or 6. Hopefully we can get in before 6. Just depends on how early of a start we get. Last time it took us 9 1/2 hours to get there but only a little over 8 to get back. Must be because we were going down hill on the return trip.:hurts:

What part of NC are you in Wayne, it is not listed in your profile.

RandyA

Havelock basically on the coast. In essence we have to travel the width of the state. Considering we have to go North to go West.

I spent three years in Goldsboro, NC and made that trip a bunch of times. My wife was living with her parents in New Bern, where my son was born, and we camped a lot at Salter Path, which was sold for 22 million to put up a high rise.

Got a lot of memories down that way. Did you ever eat at Wilbur's BBQ in Goldsboro?

RandyA

I spent three years in Goldsboro, NC and made that trip a bunch of times. My wife was living with her parents in New Bern, where my son was born, and we camped a lot at Salter Path, which was sold for 22 million to put up a high rise.

Got a lot of memories down that way. Did you ever eat at Wilbur's BBQ in Goldsboro?

RandyA

New Bern huh? Then you know right were we live. As for Wilbur's, OMG yes. I have eaten there only once, and it was gooooooodd. If you like Carolina BBQ, they had great fries too, seasoned with onion powder. Man, now I'm hungry. It's almost impossible to get in there because it's always packed. Been living in this area for 27 years and have passed it hundreds of times, but only once have I eaten there.

Thats a big State when you cross it end to end.

YUP!!! You got that right!.:missingtooth:

I was just looking at the path for going to Vogal and it takes us right through Asheville. There has got to be a different way. Oh well, I guess we will plan on staying at a hotel on the way. I'm not in for 10-12 hour days on a bike.

YUP!!! You got that right!.:missingtooth:

I was just looking at the path for going to Vogal and it takes us right through Asheville. There has got to be a different way. Oh well, I guess we will plan on staying at a hotel on the way. I'm not in for 10-12 hour days on a bike.

There is a different way, especially if you and Brandi want to stay here over night.

Vogel from us, is about 5 hours.