IGNORED

HELP! Shipping to Australia Question

Aussie Annie

I hope someone has some advice for me:confused24: As I needed handlebars with more pullback, and couldn't get any here, I purchased some Flanders bars from www.sideroadcycles.com (medium width pullback No. 650-08773) They now tell me that it will be too expensive to mail them over!!!

US mail service say they are too large(wide), and if they are sent UPS it will be approx. $US300:doh: Can any of you kind folks suggest an alternative way to ship these handlebars to Australia?:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:PLEASE

What are there demensions? I have shipped some pretty big items thru the USPS to Down under.

Who told you they were to large? The USPS or the Company to are ordering from?

I would be willing to accept the shipment here... then rebox and ship thru the USPS if it would help.

Some companies in the USA either won't or can't deal with the post office... They say its to big of a hassle and the UPS is easier for them. Personally.. I prefer the USPS... especially when shipping out of the country.

Let me know if I can help.

Reaney in NH

Thanks for the offer of help. What has happened now is that Flanders gave me a paypal refund, but the guy at sideroadcycles.com sent a couple of sites for me to try. Went to denniskirk.com and they have the same Flanders bar, same part No. BUT some of the measurements are different between the two !! I have emailed the company asking if they are suitable for my 2007RSV and, also inquired about shipping.

They are: Flanders #65008773 (dennis kirk #594202)

End Rise ?? Dennis Kirk :( 9"?)

Pullback 16.5" (16")

Center 9.5" (5")

Width 30.5"( 28.5")

Rise 9" same

I need the pullback and narrower width, as I have been moved back in the seat because of a stiff right leg. As you can see from the numbers above, I have been given different sizes for center, pullback & width-for the same model!! Will wait and see what their response is-then let you know OK

One very confused aussie:doh::puzzled:

Edited by Aussie Annie
numbers wrong

Annie I live in North Branch, 10 miles from Dennis Kirk in Rush City MN.

Let me know if I can help

Bubber

aka Steve Stelter

North Branch, MN

Hey Bubber... We moved to NH from North Branch 6 years ago. We really miss it. Was nice having Dennis Kirk right down the road.

We are planning a Bike trip back there in early August. Dennis Kirk Outlet store is on the list. LOL

Reaney in NH

Okay Reaney & Bubber,

:thumbsup2: Thanks for the offer of help, you're tops! So what's the best way for me to handle this then :puzzled::puzzled: Should I purchase, and get them shipped to you Reaney ?????

Have to tell you that this is the last step for me to have the bike altered so I can ride again THANKYOU THANK YOU THANK YOU:clap2::clap2: