IGNORED

Question about our tax dollars

Hummingbird

Since our tax dollars that we haven't paid yet :crying: are being used to bail out the big 3 auto makers and obama? has already said that the gov is going to own 60% of GM, shouldn't some of us heavy tax payers :bang head: be entitled to a COMPANY car ?? :think:

If so - I opt for a 2009 Silverado Z71 :thumbsup:

Greetings...

So...

If you owned a printing press, and could print out as much money as you wanted - anytime you wanted, and you got all of your neighbors, friends, family etc, to accept it AS money, and use it as money -

Why would you need to come around once a year and take some of it back?

Not to worry, In just a few short years we'll have caught up with 1950's Germany. The peoples car "Volks wagon" Our leaders have already started laying out the rules for a car that will serve the common good.

Greetings...

Not to worry, In just a few short years we'll have caught up with 1950's Germany. The peoples car "Volks wagon" Our leaders have already started laying out the rules for a car that will serve the common good.

Ah yes, the new improved Kyoto Cafe protocols...

I ran over a pencil today - I'm pretty sure it had at least enough carbon footprint to satisfy a family of 9...

I got my $250 check the other day,,,Think I'll start my own non-profit, donate the $250 to it then claim it as a charitable donation on my return next year. Hummmmmm,,,maybe I should run for office!

Being that I'm "an exectutive" I'll take a ZR1 Corvette

http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/assets/resources/2007/12/2009%20Corvette%20ZR1%20Official.jpg

Supercharged V8 with a 6 Manual Transmission

Horsepower 638 @ 6500 RPM

Torque 604 @ 3800 RPM

WOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greetings...

I got my $250 check the other day,,,Think I'll start my own non-profit, donate the $250 to it then claim it as a charitable donation on my return next year. Hummmmmm,,,maybe I should run for office!

Then they'll get you coming and going - the filing fee for the 501-C3 alone would eat it up...

I don't know that I'd want any Gov'ment motors car - don't the Gov'ment do everything by lowest bidder? Brakes by Gov'ment Motors - Obama-Brakes! WooHoo!!

I wonder if they'll offer any cars in black? I've heard it said that black cars lead to Global warming... :confused07:

So I guess not only were my economics and history teachers incorrect - it seems so too, apparently, were my physics teachers...

I'll take that 1968 Camero they still got hid up there somewhere!!

I thought I would try one post before this gets too political.

Dan, I am still looking for that ONE 1965 Z-16 SS 396 Chevelle convertable that was made. In late 1965, Chevorlet made 201 SS 396 Chevelles as an introduction to the 1966 396 model and all were hardtops except one. The hardtops are going for from $85,000 to over $100,000 and one went on Barrett Jackson for way over that recently. The convertible Z-16 supposedly went to a GM engineer who drag raced it. What do you suppose that ONE convertible would go for?

I had a 65 Chevelle, but it was just a 327 4-speed and I would love to have it back. :crying:

RandyA

Can I say I told ya so?:dancefool:

DETROIT/NEW YORK (Reuters) – General Motors Corp said on Tuesday it reached a tentative deal to sell its Hummer brand to a privately held Chinese company, part of an effort to drop four unprofitable vehicle lines and leave bankruptcy as a leaner company.

GM, a day after filing for bankruptcy, said in a statement that it reached a memorandum of understanding with Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co for the sale. Tengzhong said it will retain Hummer's senior management and operational team.

GM said Tengzhong will also enter into a long-term contract assembly and key component and material supply agreement with GM.

Under the deal, which is subject to regulatory review and is expected to close in the third quarter, Tengzhong will assume Hummer's existing dealer agreements.

Financial terms were still under discussion and will not be disclosed, GM said. Bankers have said Hummer could fetch about $100 million in cash in addition to other commitments.

The deal marks the first time that a Chinese buyer has acquired a brand from one of the struggling U.S. automakers.

Edited by Monty

Greetings...

In a moment of "Those who don't learn from history" department...

Anyone remember the infamous Chinese - "Gang of Four" from the middle 70's? One can only hope that the kept-on upper Managment of Hummer will be treated with such dignity...

I heard something today that made me think...

Someone suggested the gub'ment is buying up companies like GM, so that the Chinese can't get their hands on it first.

Hmmmmmm.:fishin:

Why would they want GM, in reality they own the US with all the bonds they hold!