IGNORED

I am trying to move my trunk

RJD

I unbolted the trunk on our "02" RSV thinking I would just move it back to another set of holes. The holes are there but when you move it back it sits on the rubber piece that is molded around the bottom of the trunk.

Has anyone actually moved their trunk back on the second gen bikes?

Bob

I moved mine back YEARS ago and many others have also. Maybe they have changed the rubber piece. Mine sat right on it.

Hi All,

I was going to have to remove some of the padding from the back rest to allow me to move back in the seat so I could get the stiff leg onto the floorboard better (when I rode pillion) but moving the trunk back may be a better option :think::think: so PLEASE post instructions on how to do it, so Annie's mechanic (husband Alan) can perform necessary mods. :banana::banana:

Annie,

It is very simply. Open the trunk and remove the rubber mat in the bottom and you'll see the 4 screws that bolt the trunk to the bracket. Remove those 4 screws and slide the trunk back about an inch or so and you'll find another set of holes.

The molded rubber piece is just attached with sticky tape. peal the rubber loose and move it back under the trunk a little further. The new holes do not have nuts attached so It looks like little longer bolts and some nuts will be needed. I am going to use some 3m tape to attack the rubber to the bottom of the trunk. I think it will make sense once you have a chance to look at it.

Bob

IIRC the instructions are in the procedures that the dealership uses for final assembly.

I don't have the URL right now, but they are posted somewhere here at the forum.

Probably in the VRTech section.

Here's the link to the Assembly Manual in the Tech Library (I was just looking at it last night).

Annie,

It is very simply. Open the trunk and remove the rubber mat in the bottom and you'll see the 4 screws that bolt the trunk to the bracket. Remove those 4 screws and slide the trunk back about an inch or so and you'll find another set of holes.

Thanks for that:thumbsup2: simple when you think about it (or is that me I'm referring to?? LOL)