IGNORED

Help please- in the middle of back brake work

My front left/back brake was locking up after about 25 miles of riding. This morning I decided to do cowpuc's brake master cleaning. Everything went pretty good till I checked the reservoir level.

Popped out the filler bolt and all I see is the rubber diaphragm. Don't see any fluid at all.

I just picked up this bike (86) and would really like to get this fixed. Will I need to remove the reservoir completely and if so how bad is that job?

It looks pretty tight just to get the top cover off.

Thanks

I just picked up this bike (86) and would really like to get this fixed. Will I need to remove the reservoir completely and if so how bad is that job?

It looks pretty tight just to get the top cover off.

Thanks

To get the top cover off, you will need to pull the reservoir out. It is not a tough job...

If the rear plastic head cover is still in place, lift it slightly to clear the valve cover bolts & slide it to the left side of the bike. This is needed for reservoir clearance, when pulling out & putting back in.

Remove the rear attachment bolt for the sidecover support bar & pivot the support bar up out of the way. There is 1 bolt with a 10mm head, that mounts the solid brake line support clip & master cylinder reservoir, remove this bolt. The reservoir is now free, to be moved out for checking inside. Install in reverse order.

Thanks for the tip. Worked perfectly. The bladder was completely full of air with virtually no fluid in the reservoir- was just up to the top of the hose which connects to it.

Hope that solves the problem.

Thanks again.