IGNORED

Leather Tank Guard

Can anyone help me with web sites etc. to purchase a wide leather tank guard WITH NO POCKET OR STUDS :confused: I will be using it to protect my tank while I pass my right leg over the tank, and any bits on it could cause me to snag the foot and fall -OUCH !! I have to get on the bike by moving my butt up on to the pillion seat and then swinging the gammy leg over the bike--its' a site to behold :Laugh::Laugh: Thank u in advance for any help

never ride faster than your guardian angel:2133:can fly

hi annie

i have not seen a wide tank bib like what your looking for . i have seen a slip on type tank bra/sleeve. that goes on at the bottom of the tank and pulls up towards the gas cap.like the ones on sport car one that fit on the front end. i have not seen one of these bra/sleeve on any venture that i have been around. but will try to locate one or a website for you. best reguards

don c.

hi annie

i have not seen a wide tank bib like what your looking for . i have seen a slip on type tank bra/sleeve. that goes on at the bottom of the tank and pulls up towards the gas cap.like the ones on sport car one that fit on the front end. i have not seen one of these bra/sleeve on any venture that i have been around. but will try to locate one or a website for you. best reguards

don c.

Hi Don,

I have one of the sleeve types and it doesn't cover the tank enough, but thanks for all your help--appreciate it:happy34:

annie

do you know anyone who could make you one? seams like someone down there would be working with cow hide/leather. used to be a company called tandy leather here in the states. where you could buy leather and tools to work it. don't know if that company is still in business or located down there.

best reguards

don c.

:bang head: Brain fade, senior moment!!!!!! Why didn't I think of finding someone here to make one for me-will look in to it. Thanks for the posts and ideas on what I could do, appreciate it:bighug:Just need to figure out the best way to fasten to the tank

Can anyone help me with web sites etc. to purchase a wide leather tank guard WITH NO POCKET OR STUDS :confused: I will be using it to protect my tank while I pass my right leg over the tank, and any bits on it could cause me to snag the foot and fall -OUCH !! I have to get on the bike by moving my butt up on to the pillion seat and then swinging the gammy leg over the bike--its' a site to behold :Laugh::Laugh: Thank u in advance for any help

Hi Annie!

I live in Florida and do custom leather work with special attention to the Royal Star line of Cruisers. I have a Tank Bib that may serve your purpose. Check this out and let me know what you think. Please feel free to contact me at troy@tscustomleather.com if you have any questions.

Regards,

Troy

http://www.tscustomleather.com

Hi Troy,

Thanks for the post and I think you may have solved my problem :dancefool::happy65:Does it come with a removeable pouch/pocket?? and could it be made a little wider at the top?? I am really worried about what the paintwork is going to look like if my boot keeps hitting the tank as I swing the "gammy" leg over it, but don't want to catch my foot on the pouch (can go on when I'm on!) Please send me a personal message with how much one would cost plus shipping??

WOW:sign woo hoo: all the bits are slowly coming together for me to ride again after nearly a year and a half. Just waiting on my trike conversion now. Thanks again for the help :bowdown:

Hi Annie!

I live in Florida and do custom leather work with special attention to the Royal Star line of Cruisers. I have a Tank Bib that may serve your purpose. Check this out and let me know what you think. Please feel free to contact me at troy@tscustomleather.com if you have any questions.

Regards,

Troy

www.tscustomleather.com

Hey Troy,

See you here on the site.

Great work! Order for my Venture coming in the next week or so.

We need to connect, and will call you.

Steve S

Waterloo, Ont.