We used some Royal Purple in some big generators offshore for a while did not have real good luck with it. Some saleman sold the company on their oil to extend oil changes. It was just a little more than the petroleum based oils. They did regular oil analysis and saw a gradual increase in particulates in the oil indicating wear on some of the engines.

I do not know about the Max cycle stuff...never used it and do not know anybody that has. Amsoil website list it as down the list in wear protection. I do not know if it is accuate or not...but other wbsite sites may say it is the meat of the matter as for as motorcycle oil is concerned.

Seems most folks here use Mobile 1 or Amoil in a synthetic.

I use Amsoil and have had really good luck with it in a lot of different applications such as Motocross racing bikes, generators for campers, VW diesels...Oh yeah in RSV and VSTAR. I actually picked up 2 MPG in my VW diesel (42 city and 50 highway)

It may be some good oil. Try the Royal Purple and give us a report.

Not sure about their motorcycle oil, but their synthetic gear oil was tested against several other oils, and it did worse than Castrol, Valvoline and Pennzoil non-synthetic gear oil and no where near Amsoil and Mobil 1 synthetic gear oils. Yet there were two synthetic gear oils that tested worse than Royal Purple, Mopar and Lucas synthetic gear oils.

Arrow Trucking used Royal Purple synthetic oil in their trucks for about a year. After they started losing engines, they switched to Chevron Delo 400 conventional oil.

I wouldn't put Royal Purple on a bicycle chain personally.

Not sure about their motorcycle oil, but their synthetic gear oil was tested against several other oils, and it did worse than Castrol, Valvoline and Pennzoil non-synthetic gear oil and no where near Amsoil and Mobil 1 synthetic gear oils. Yet there were two synthetic gear oils that tested worse than Royal Purple, Mopar and Lucas synthetic gear oils.

Do you have a link to that test? Surely it wasn't funded and performed by AMSoil, right? :whistling:

i used royal purple with a bosh 3323 filter one time. local stealer had it on his shelf said it was great. i don't know only used it for 2,500 miles. been using rotella "syntec" since then, easyer to find wallyworld.

don c.

Do you have a link to that test? Surely it wasn't funded and performed by AMSoil, right? :whistling:

I have a copy of the PDF on my computer, and yes it was funded by Amsoil, but I usually just ignore the fact Amsoil comes in first in their tests and look at the info for its own merit. Especially seeing as Mobil 1 almost always comes in a close second I use Mobil 1.

A friend of mine who does the service work on my bike -- swears by Royal Purple. Have been running it for a little over year now. Having said that, I am not mechanically inclined - so when he said it was great stuff - and worked better - I said cool - use it. I have done (3) oil changes - etc with this stuff.