IGNORED

Please read >>> AGAIN <<<

Black Owl

Folks,

Recently there have been several posts which have been pushing the envelope.

Please be careful with your posts....

We have all been around enough that there is probably very little that would faze most of us. However, we have a realy simple guideline for the site ...If you wouldn't want your wife/child reading it.... don't post it.

Thanks for your understanding......

:15_8_211[1]:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO, everyone has a different "idea" of what may or may not be acceptable. I don't know if you moderators do this or not but I, for one, would like to receive a personal message if you feel a post of mine is "pushing the envelope". That way at least I have some sort of "benchmark" to go by (other than my own interpretation of what is acceptable or not)

Thanks

IMHO, everyone has a different "idea" of what may or may not be acceptable. I don't know if you moderators do this or not but I, for one, would like to receive a personal message if you feel a post of mine is "pushing the envelope". That way at least I have some sort of "benchmark" to go by (other than my own interpretation of what is acceptable or not)

Thanks

I for one would have appreciated that courtesy before a post of mine was deleted a few weeks ago...........

Boomer......who's case of red ass has healed very nicely thank you.

I for one would have appreciated that courtesy before a post of mine was deleted a few weeks ago...........

Boomer......who's case of red ass has healed very nicely thank you.

Nice to see you back Boomer!! I'd give you a hard time...but I'll be good!

Awwwww give it yer best shot sweetie....I kin take it!

Boomer.....who now applies a "tough skin" ointment to his butt cheeks daily.

Great to see you again, glad to see the ointments working:happy34: Craig

Awwwww give it yer best shot sweetie....I kin take it!

Boomer.....who now applies a "tough skin" ointment to his butt cheeks daily.

I just knew you wouldn't stay away too long..

keep rubbin that ointment...

just glad you thought of your New Years resolution.

Iowawegian.....who may be a softy sometimes, but has thicker skin than you'll ever know!

Thanks

I agree 100%. I had one deleted in jokes and humor and have no idea why when compared to what I have seen before and after.

I have made many friends on this Site....way too many to walk away from!

Boomer.....who can be stubborn but not stupid.:whistling:

Glad you got rid of that brain fart you were suffering from....sounds like you got your common sense back!

Well ..... all's well that ends well.......like I said. We're glad your back!

:178:To me it's no big deal. If they remove a post, they're doing what they think is the thing to do within the scope of the site. I don't think we should take it personal.

I agree and I wouldn't; however, it would be nice to know if a post is either removed, going to be removed, or is borderline and what, specifically, within that particular post constitutes that.

Many of you here either have kids or have grandkids (young ones) so you might have a different concept of what the kids shouldn't see. Me, on the other hand, have never had kids (when they were young) nor do I have grandkids, nor do any young kids ever use my computer. Possibly others here might be in the same situation. Further, if I did ... my idea of what is acceptable may well be very different from this site's "pg rating". It is for that reason (and maybe a bit of respect to others) that I would want to be advised if a post of mine was "crossing the line".

Clarification ... "when they were young" .... yes, I have a son but from the time he was 1.5 yrs old until he was 33 I never saw him.

Glad you got rid of that brain fart you were suffering from....sounds like you got your common sense back!

Well ..... all's well that ends well.......like I said. We're glad your back!

Yeah all of that! LOL!

Boomer....who's gonna be real leery of overloading on dat homemade chilli which is well known to cause brain farts in Cajuns.

hey boomer, what did i miss? fill me in if you can. i'm always up to a good :stirthepot:. keeps people on their toes. it does take awhile to find that fine line. i kind of sit on the edge of it all the time. it is a rough way to go sometimes not crossing it. a guy can only take so much sometimes. snarley bill :2133:

I can relate to what you're saying but can you imagine getting into a debate with one of 7000 members each time you felt you needed to yank a post.

Not sure if there really is 7000 members or not but there really is not that many who really post. I had a response removed the other day in regards to someone getting a ticket and then the complaints against LE started. I asked if my response was removed and never heard back. Would have liked to know why mine was viewed as inappropriate and others weren't.

Life goes on and I know no matter what this is one of the better if not the best MC related forums on the net.

hey boomer, what did i miss? fill me in if you can. i'm always up to a good :stirthepot:. keeps people on their toes. it does take awhile to find that fine line. i kind of sit on the edge of it all the time. it is a rough way to go sometimes not crossing it. a guy can only take so much sometimes. snarley bill :2133:

Bill it was a post I put up where I stated my true feelings for what I would do if a Revolution ever came to this Country. I meant what I said too. After serving in 2 wars on behalf of this Country I surely know how to look a man in the eye and pull the trigger on him.

Anywhoooo.....I bailed out for a bit but friends here kept e-mailing me so here I is back on the Site again.

I agree with your sentiment 100% and I have your six for sure.

Boomer.....who is not politically correct and is too old to bend over and kiss anyone's butt.

I completely agree with the notification. I think the best thing would be for the MOD's to ask the member to remove the post themselves and explain why. That way everyone would have a chance to have their say but it would be understood that the MOD made the final call. I would have no problem removing a post of mine if someone took offense but it would be nice to be able to discuss it. I know that may seem time consuming but I can't immagine we have that many on this site.

If you think your joke or story might be a little to much, why not send it to one of the moderators and see what they say, then if it is to much for the site you wont get deleted..........just advised its too risque for this group.........problem solved, no feelings hurt.:2cents:

If you think your joke or story might be a little to much, why not send it to one of the moderators and see what they say, then if it is to much for the site you wont get deleted..........just advised its too risque for this group.........problem solved, no feelings hurt.:2cents:

I hope they are prepared for a lot of emails! :sign20: :sign just kidding:

Dang it, I missed something again........

Yup you did...... I saw it & thought it would get dumped, as North American humor & attitudes is nothing like the British & European variety.

Some here (probably not many), would know of the Benny Hill show.