IGNORED

Will someone please shoot me.....

1BigDog

Hey Jeff,

At least you have a newly hand washed and hand waxed plastic snap on cap coming in the mail for your rear caliper...

I can see you now having to remove the right side bag to put it on.........No stop.....

You should be able to snap it in place by reaching around the front of the right side bag...

:080402gudl_prv:

One of these days Dan.....bang...zoom.......:buttkick:

Wont be at MD this year either. Used up most of my vacation time with the knee surgery. :bawling::bang head:

Sorry to hear that Jeff, enjoyed meeting you last year and was looking forward to it this year again. Well at least you have all summer to get that bike done.....

Hey Jeff,

At least you have a newly hand washed and hand waxed plastic snap on cap coming in the mail for your rear caliper...

I can see you now having to remove the right side bag to put it on.........No stop.....

You should be able to snap it in place by reaching around the front of the right side bag...

:080402gudl_prv:

Bags are already off, ECKster.........thats how I found it missing in the first place.....:smile5:

Sorry to hear that Jeff, enjoyed meeting you last year and was looking forward to it this year again. Well at least you have all summer to get that bike done.....

The 3rd gens should be available, by the time he finishes up, fixing the scoot........ Notice I said nothing, about which year or decade (still a guessing game)..........

:stickpoke::duck:

Came home today at noon..took an hour nap....then tore out the radiator again and removed the thermostat housing. I was finally able to loosen that stuck bolt. I didnt want to break it the first time since a new housing is big bucks. However, once apart the O-ring inside was pretty well shot. The other O-rings were in good shape but I had replaced them anyway. Im thinking that since its facing rearward it is subject to running hotter since there is no air flow back there which may have deteriorated the O-ring. I guess after 10 years it was due. Should have the bike back together by this weekend.

Thanks for letting me vent. Its either this or I do something to the first passerby that crosses my path........:scared:

I knew those speedos would come in handy sometime......

Bike is runnung, no water leaks.......but, and I wont disappoint....the headlight blew. Low beam aint working..high beam is fine. Sure glad I didnt install the upper fairing yet. I guess after 10 years these things will happen. And I wont even mention that I still have the original shock......:scared:

• 4 years later...

So, I was searching around and found this old post with the request that someone please put me out of my misery if I ever tear this bike down again. So what happens only a few short years later? I tear it down again and im still alive to boot. I feel so let down by you all. Chrome wheels...polished brake calipers and rotors and forks. Progressives springs and all new internal fork parts along with all bearings and races. The list goes on with way too much stuff to list and and once again no one stopped me. Wife tried but I threatened her with my cane. Too late now for you to finish the task. Damage is already done. Just let me wallow in my misery please. Will be finished and back on the ground maybe by Friday. Any more mods and ill just finish the job on myself without your assistance.

well if you must tear a bike down and put it back together for some strange and odd reasons i have one you can take your frustrations out on :whistling:

oh you need to be able to do this in one day :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf: