IGNORED

Handle Bar Weights

ABean

I have ISO grips and I don't notice any difference. MY friends (one has a 2005 RSVMS and one has a 2006 RSVMS) both have stock handlebars, grips, and weights. I have risers (that have been modified with round stock so that they rest in the rubber vibration disk) stock handlebars with ISO grips and no weights. We have all ridden each others bikes and we don't notice any difference. I ride it all the time and have never noticed any vibration. I did not put the round stock onto the side of the risers so I don't know why who ever did it did (may be they were getting vibrations) but mine are fine. If you are not adding risers I feel (IMHO) that the rubber insulators will absorbe the vibrations. :2cents:

Harry

I have ISO grips and I don't notice any difference. MY friends (one has a 2005 RSVMS and one has a 2006 RSVMS) both have stock handlebars, grips, and weights. I have risers (that have been modified with round stock so that they rest in the rubber vibration disk) stock handlebars with ISO grips and no weights. We have all ridden each others bikes and we don't notice any difference. I ride it all the time and have never noticed any vibration. I did not put the round stock onto the side of the risers so I don't know why who ever did it did (may be they were getting vibrations) but mine are fine. If you are not adding risers I feel (IMHO) that the rubber insulators will absorbe the vibrations. :2cents:

Harry

Those rubber insulators are designed to keep the fairing from slapping too much and possibly cracking. I too have the risers without the rubber inserts and I noticed that my fairing will bang back without them going over bumps. That pipe that was added to your risers was an early fix for the venture. Ill be doing the same this week.

On my 2005 RSTD If I get new grips do I have to put the weights back on the ends,or will the handling change very much if any.:think:

Just a thought, but if you take off the weights, where will you rest your right hand when you have the cruise control activated. Sometimes I rest my hand in my lap or on my leg, but usually even when I have the cruise on I want my hand on the handlebars, so I rest the heel of my palm on the bar end weight so I don't influence the cruise by restricting its control of the throttle.

I have the 05 TD as well, removed the stock grips and replaced them with the ISO grips with the bullet ends and have not noticed any excessive vibration. My son bought me the internal grip heaters which I just finished installing, had to drill out the inserts to install but am happy to report that they do work pretty well.:happy34:

Those rubber insulators are designed to keep the fairing from slapping too much and possibly cracking. I too have the risers without the rubber inserts and I noticed that my fairing will bang back without them going over bumps. That pipe that was added to your risers was an early fix for the venture. Ill be doing the same this week.

Thanks I did not know that.

Harry:301:

Just a thought, but if you take off the weights, where will you rest your right hand when you have the cruise control activated. Sometimes I rest my hand in my lap or on my leg, but usually even when I have the cruise on I want my hand on the handlebars, so I rest the heel of my palm on the bar end weight so I don't influence the cruise by restricting its control of the throttle.

My ISO grips have a flat piece that attaches to the end on the right side I guess you would call it a wrist lock, it is great. Really worth the extra cost. I just rest my right palm on that and it keeps whatever speed I am going. But on the rare occasions that I do use the cruise control I have been known (out of boredom) to put my right elbow on the gas tank and put my chin in the palm of my right hand and steady the bike with my left hand. But it doesn't take long to get bored with that either and you have to be careful of other traffic even more.

No one ever accused me of being smart.:confused24: