IGNORED

2000 Venture MM - Thank You

SkyKing

I want to thank all those who responded to my question about a high mileage Venture 2000 MM I was considering. The bike has over 100,000 miles but has been kept in great shape by its original owner. Many of you repsonded with excellent suggestions as to what to look for before purchasing the bike. The owner has notified me today that someone else will be buying the bike.

However, this has been a great experience for me. Thom in Texas told me about this site last weekend and since I enrolled, I feel I have made many new friends. I thank each of you in making me feel welcome.

I still would like to get a 2000 Venture MM and hopefully one day ride with a member of this great group.

If you run across such a bike, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Mike

Corpus Christi, Texas

Hey Mike, my brother and I are just about to start a trip all around the perimeter of Texas; he rides an 07 RSV and I have an 05 RSV. We'll be stopping near Corpus one night, and it would be great to maybe meet up with you. Not only would I like to put a face with a name, but it might be a great opportunity for you to talk with a couple of us in detail about our thoughts and experiences with these machines. Give me a shout if you'd like to meet up, and I'll keep in touch as our trip progresses and we get closer to Corpus.

Goose

Goose, the trip sounds like a lot of fun. I might even ride a few miles with you boys if you don't mind a 1975 Honda 750 FOUR Supersport joining the crowd.

The trip around Texas is a great idea. It reminds me of the time the Texas Department of Transportation - Aviation Division sponsored such a tour......but it was in airplanes. Flying the five main regions of the state.......from the piney woods of East Texas, down to the Gulf Coast, Davis Mountains of West Texas, the plains region and the Texas Hill Country. Took a week stopping off in town all over the state that made you feel welcome. Great idea on bikes too.

Let me know when you outlaws make it down this way. Who knows, I might even have a Yamaha Venture by then.....LOL.

Take care my friend.

Mike

I still would like to get a 2000 Venture MM and hopefully one day ride with a member of this great group.

If you run across such a bike, please let me know.

I would recomend that you watch the classified ads here, eBay, craigs list and MotorcycleTrader.com for the bike of your dreams.

There are lots of memebers here that would probally volinteer to look over a bike that is further away from you... if you ask...

Welcome aboard the fourm and I hope you find a RSV soon.