IGNORED

rain gear opinion.............

painterman67

What ya guys using to keep your feet dry? I've tried several methods but none seem to work for long. Now I just keep my rubbers or knee boots in the bike.

I dont do this very often, but on a long ride in the wet or a pouring down day, Ill go find some plastic supermarket bags put my stocking feet into those and then put my boots on. It aint pretty but my feet stay dry.! It works in the winter in snow, too.

Brian

I dont do this very often, but on a long ride in the wet or a pouring down day, Ill go find some plastic supermarket bags put my stocking feet into those and then put my boots on. It aint pretty but my feet stay dry.! It works in the winter in snow, too.

Brian

LOL, I remember doing that as a kid. I guess I'll have to remember that in a pinch.

Wife and I have a pair of Sterns rain gear from WalMart. The types with breathable nylon. We've used them for several years now and even in the heavest of downpours they've keep us dry.

While I've seen many people using the Fogg Togs and hear good results from them I also have seen too many that would tear at the seams. Whether that was from poor fit (too tight) or carelessness on the part of the wearer I know not. Once you have a rip you can forget staying dry.

For keeping feet dry I have used slip over booties with a rubber sole in the past. Forget just now who made them. I also have a pair of waterproof boots.

Larry

If anyone's interested I have a very nice Brand New set of First Gear rain gear that I hate to admit.. is too small at 3X. I picked the set up from a local auction last year and just yesterday tried on the jacket. No go... I guess it's gotta be 5x for me before I head to Cody this year. I could get the 3x on, but it woulda been nice to breathe.... :) Anyway if you're in the 1x to 2x size range, and have $60 bucks. I'll send them on. Includes shipping. PM me....

you could always give up cheese cake:thumbsup:

As for me i have always worn wet skins purchased at most fishing gear shops but this year I needed new gear so I purchased frogg toggs at a local bike show, have not yet got to try them out yet though