IGNORED

rate favorite bikes.

Snarley Bill

I've only had three street bikes, one dirt bike, and a Honda 350X three wheeler. Not enough to have a favorite. One bike I always wanted to get and never did was a mid '80s Honda Magna V65. It would have had to be the 1100, the muscle cruiser. I still like them but will never have one at this point.

I only have one bike at this time and it is my Venture. I love it and it is the best bike for what I need at this time. A comfortable bike good for long trips two up. But if I did not need the passenger comfort there is no doubt I would have bought an FJR1300 instead.

As far as my favorite past bikes, the one I miss the most is my 88 Ninja 750. I even put soft bags on it and toured a little. 300 miles a day was a major acomplishment with it, but it was a fun bike. My knees probably couldn't last 50 miles on a Ninja now.

My favorite dirt bike ever was an 89 KTM250EXC,, the most forgiving and best all around suspension on any dirtbike I've ever ridden, including three motocross bikes much newer, (96 Yamaha YZ125, 99 Husqvarna CR125 and 03 KTM250SX)

Favorite bike: 1984 GS1100GK Suzuki. Had it for 9 riding seasons, sold it in summer 2008 when it had 132,000 miles, most of them mine. Comfortable, reliable, reasonably fast, easy to work on.

Replaced the GK with my present mount, an 88 Venture Royale. Haven't had much riding time on the Venture yet, but I do like it quite a bit. Looking forward to a fine 2009 riding season on this Venture.

Wish I'd been able to keep the Suzuki, but someone more powerful than me said no way.

Oh, well... I can't complain -- I own a great bike.

Each bike I have had was my favorite at the time in my life when I owned it. The very beginning of motorcycling for me started with the '75 KZ400 which unfortunately was totaled early in its life but was replaced with the 1980 KZ440 LTD. Compared to the KZ400 this was a big upgrade. As my bike skills improved with this bike I decided to upgrade to the '84 KZ750 Spectre. I thought this bike was the biggest bike I would ever be able to ride. In these days bikes sat much higher than they do today and I am short. As my family grew I ended up selling the Spectre because I seem to have no time to ride anymore. But as is true in life this would change eventually. Thanks to my son in law, I got my interest back to biking. I was to help him find a bike that he liked, so I ended up buying an 01 V Star 1100 Custom. Boy was that a beauty. Two tone deep purple and black gold with chrome everywhere. This was going to be the biggest and best bike I would ever own and love to ride. This was certainly true until I found my 06 RSV. I still find it hard to believe I could ride this bike. It is huge compared to my KZ400 but I find its nibble handling and all those creature comforts makes this truly my favorite bike so far. Maybe just maybe a GenIII will find its way into my garage someday. But for now I wouldn't trade my Venture for anything else. :cool10:

All my bikes have been favorites from the CL350, to the CB350F, the 72 Kaw Z1, my 80 Kaw KZ750 LTD, right on up to my 1st Gen, and my VStar 1300. Of course there were many others but none ranked as high as the listed ones, they were all fun to ride and got me from point a to point b.

Know what you mean Bill, I am kinda attached to mine also.......by the way, who was the wise person that got you to check out the 1300..:cool10::cool10:

for what i think is going to be my all time all around favorite, mainly cuz it is always a joy to ride, does everything exactly right, very fast, excellent handling and ride, and looks good, and i enjoy it more every time i ride it, my v-star 1300. ya ,it's hard to believe but i'm really getting more attached to it everytime i get on it. whats everyone else's choice by category? :2133:
Edited by DragonRider

Don't know if it was the "best" bike I had but it did so many things so well. 1994 Honda Pacific Coast. 800cc V-twin, Shaft drive, fully enclosed "trunk" light enough to go quick and fast enough for me. Handeled well. Good mileage and just a fun bike. That's the one I wish I still had. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Pacific_Coast

This was my Triumph 21, my first real "cruiser" and the first one I got over 100 mph on back in England.

[ATTACH]26526[/ATTACH]

This was the Suzuki Marauder 800, it was a very easy bike to ride and looked good.

[ATTACH]26528[/ATTACH]

The RSMV has to be the best bike I've ever had, very comfortable to ride despite the weight of the thing.

The one bike I that I really wanted was back in the 60's, it was the Norton 650 man did I ever want one of those, that was THEE bike to have.

Ian

All my bikes have been favorites from the CL350, to the CB350F, the 72 Kaw Z1, my 80 Kaw KZ750 LTD, right on up to my 1st Gen, and my VStar 1300. Of course there were many others but none ranked as high as the listed ones, they were all fun to ride and got me from point a to point b.

Know what you mean Bill, I am kinda attached to mine also.......by the way, who was the wise person that got you to check out the 1300..:cool10::cool10:

could it have been you? yep it's your fault i'm with out money to by food for me, linda and my puppy. :rasberry: :rotf::rotf::depressed:

My favorite is whatever I am riding at the time. For solo riding 98 Virago 1100. Touring would be MM Venture. Dirt or dual sport 175 Yamaha endro. Standard 68 Triumph Bonneville. Wish I had Old Indian Chief, Norton, Yamaha TDM, hell one of just about any bike, they are all good to me. I too have had may bikes and even the ones that gave me trouble I liked to ride. Ride safe Rod

May as well add some pictures I guess. :) I have no idea how many bikes I have owned but it is a LOT. Wish I had pictures of all of them but I don't.

Man don. That Harley FXRD i forgot about. When that bike came out that was THE Harley I wanted until the V-Rod appeared. You had a nice one i love the colors on yours. i remember reading they were paint shakers though.