Two of the locks holding the bag on the bike are not activating meaning I can't take them off. (The third has a new(er) lock w. separate key) Are these things repairable? Does someone have two (preferable 3) replacement locks? Or do i need to buy new ones and if so where?

Thanks!!

You can find them on eBay occasionally. It is possible to pull them apart, clean them up and give them a liberal coat of lithium grease on the internals (same goes for the actual lid latches too). Did that on a couple of the 1st gens I had and they worked for years.

Two of the locks holding the bag on the bike are not activating meaning I can't take them off. (The third has a new(er) lock w. separate key) Are these things repairable? Does someone have two (preferable 3) replacement locks? Or do i need to buy new ones and if so where?

Thanks!!

The locks are probably full of gunk and need to be cleaned and lubed. The only thing holding the bag on is a wedge that pulls out of the way for removal. Sometime when it gets ornery you can take a long screwdriver, get in there, and push the wedge to the side. And the tank may need a slap toward the rear to get it moving. Once it's off, lube everything with Tefflon dry lube. Get too much oil in there and the lock will start picking up dirt again quickly.

did that!! the key will not move the slide, it just turns round and round

Take a look in the guts of it... I had one that did that, the lock cylinder was loose in the housing & I put a shim (very thin washer) beween the housing & the cylinder retention clip, to tighten things up. I also cleaned & lubed the slide, reassembled & it works. It is also possible that the protrusion on the cylinder, that engages the slide is broken off. But you won't know until, you check it out.

:080402gudl_prv:

Thanks!!

I've got a full set of locks for a early MK1 1st gen for sale all operable and in good shape with a matching key for sale .

Lock set includes:

Ignition switch......1

console lock..........1

saddle bag attachment locks......2

saddle bag access locks............2

trunk lid lock.................1

Trunk mounting lock........1

helmet locks..............2

I want $150.00 for the set plus shipping :mo money:

I took all my locks apart carefully and cleaned and lubed up everything. Now they all work like they are new. The problem is that none of them have a good seal on the keyhole flap so road junk and water get's in there to make them not work. Try spraying inside the key hole with lock lube and then spray at the wedge on the lock and see if you can while turning the key use a screwdriver to make it move to get it off so you can clean and relube them.