IGNORED

CD Player (in trunk) skips badly

Guest PKSlice

Guest PKSlice

I replaced the pooched CD player in my trunk with another Clarion unit. The original was a Clarion DC625 but the used one in plugged in is a Clarion DC605. It skips and goes into error unless I am parked; then it plays okay. Did I buy a crappy POS or does everyone have this problem? I don't want to buy another used DC625 unit and just have the same problem.

2000 Royal Star Millenium Venture

Thanks

PKslice

I had the same problem with my CD player/changer on my old '01 RSV. I tried different ways of installing it (always in the trunk) but it would still skip more than I could stand. On my '06 RSV, I use a portable MP3 player and it's much better!! No skipping, doesn't take up any room and sounds great pumped thru the aux of the bike's system. I guess I'm no help for your problem, just letting you know I had the same problem with the one I had. Good luck , Larry

Guest PKSlice

Okay, looks like the MP3 is the way to go. Is there a way to hook it up in the trunk so I don't have to replace the cassette with something newer (with an MP3 plug-in?) I don't want plug-in wires hanging around the dash.

Thanks

PKslice

(2000 Royal Star MM Venture)

Here is the link on how to install a splitter in the fairing.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3905

From there you can run the wire where you want it. I have the Hopnel pouch on mine with the wire coming through the bottom. It works great and if it starts to rain, just slip the player in the pouch. Here is a link for the pouch

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-VehicleBrowse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2006629/showCustom-1/p-2006629/N-111+2004+200004571/c-10111

Good luck

Tom

Guest PKSlice

Great pics and instructions! So since my bike's CD uses the aux line, if I just unplug the CD in the fairing, I should be able to hook up an MP3?

• 1 year later...
Guest kennewick58

Original install was in the trunk on its side. Skipped like crazy. I placed it flat and on a small piece of foam and it rarely ever skips now. I don't bolt it down. MP3 works good too but I have alot of CD's and books on tape.