IGNORED

Tourmaster Synergy Jacket Liner

Midrsv

Does anyone have experience with the Tourmaster Synergy line of heated clothing? I have a Warm-n-Safe jacket liner and I am not totaly happy with it. I am seriously considering a Synergy jacket liner and gloves and I would like to hear from someone with first-hand experience. Once it gets into the low 30's my Warm-n-Safe jacket must be cranked up 100% and it puts a real load on the electrical system. I've read reviews that indicate the Synergy works fine on low or medium settings.

Thanks,

Dennis

Hey Dennis, I Have whole Sinergy set up, and as previus user of Widder , and gerbings heated clothing, I can say as all others line of HC ( Heated Clothing) , Have their Pluses and minuses.

Tour master http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=256&cat=1HC line is very well designed, but their temperature controllers suck. Especialy Jacket. There is some kind of pigtail with controller hanging on side of jacket. I'm found that is not convinient as is designed. And have craped on me 3 times when I need em a most. My dealer replace controller with no questions ask. In Past I never expirence any problem with Widder, or Gerbings HC Line. Otherwise when work there is gooood amount of heat, and does a job.

In My personal oppinion probably gerbings is best Choice, Little pricely, but you get what you pay for.

Widder http://www.widder.com/html/Product/System2/index.htmlis is great too, but they have isue with their interconnect plugs, easy to fix on fly, and best amount of heat period, as well they are most friendly on charging system.

My advice is to go with Gerbings http://www.gerbing.com/Powersports/motorcycle.php Liners ( Not like outer pants and jacket). And you can use same Warm and safe Heated controller.

Good Luck.

Edited by stardbog

Dennis,

I have both the vest liner and the gloves. The vest gets so warm even on low that I usually only keep it on for short periods of time while I'm riding. The gloves are ok but to me they never really feel hot when on the high setting. The gloves have the controller on the top of the glove and the vest controller attaches to an elastic band that you can put around the top of your leg so it makes it easy to adjust the temp. All in all I am pleased withe their products and the price was really good from Wingstuff.com. Hope this helps.

What problem are you having with the Warm n Safe? I got the low power (65W) jacket liner and the gloves and find they provide plenty of heat even when not turned up. One thing I noticed was it worked best when put on over just a T-shirt and nothing more. My volt meter shows OK charging unless I am sitting still for a while.

RR

My wife has had the Tourmaster heated vest for 2 seasons and loves it, no issues at all. And, the price is right. I believe that for the cost of the vest, which comes with a controller, all you would get with the other companys vests is the controller!

I just bought the Tourmaster jacket liner a few weeks ago. Have only used it once and it was great! Nice and toasty on low setting. It felt like riding with an electric blanket wrapped around my upper body. Can't wait to use it again. I think I read on Web Bike World that there was an issue with the controller on many of the jackets but the review was over a year old if I remember correctly. Here's hoping they have sorted it out by now.

What problem are you having with the Warm n Safe? I got the low power (65W) jacket liner and the gloves and find they provide plenty of heat even when not turned up. One thing I noticed was it worked best when put on over just a T-shirt and nothing more. My volt meter shows OK charging unless I am sitting still for a while.

RR

The main problem I have with the jacket is the fit for me. The sleeves are long on me and I've lost some weight so it doesn't fit quite right. I seem to run it on high all the time.