IGNORED

Read my last post for (Got a new scoot? .. CHANGE YOUR OIL!!!!! )

SilvrT

Rick....you just aint' right

:no-no-no: I suppose after having a 1st gen all those years you had to come up with something to not like the G2 :stirthepot:

:sign20: :sign20:

you know, I test rode an '07 a couple years ago on one of those Yamaha "Star Days"... it was a group ride and I was so busy keeping an eye on the idiots ahead and behind me, and the road they took us on (which was back roads mostly) I really didn't get a "feel" for the bike.... now that I've ridden this one I find the ride and handling so different from my '87 that it's going to take a wee bit of time before I'm totally "one" with it. Having said that... I LOVE it so far! I was telling Nina that I'm experiencing a feeling similar to what I had way back in 1969 when I bought my very first motorcycle which, incidentally, was a new Yamaha. I'm sure you (and the others) can relate to that feeling. This is the first time since then that those feelings have been evident.

Hey Rick

be happy you didnt find your oil looking like mine. heres what I found in the bottom of my trans.

now that's downright UGLY!

hope you get that baby all fixed up Brian...if not, I know where there's a real nice BLACK '87 for sale.....

:D

hope you get that baby all fixed up Brian...if not, I know where there's a real nice BLACK '87 for sale.....

I hope to get his bottom case back on this weekend...... Now, where did I put, that tube of threebond 1104?????

I am sure Rocket can get mine back together better than new, i dont know if I can afford all his plans for my scoot tho, lol But there is no better time to do so many things when its totally apart. I didnt know a bike could look so ......naked!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/friesman1/85Venturerebuild_Nov11_08

Brian

I am sure Rocket can get mine back together better than new, i dont know if I can afford all his plans for my scoot tho, lol But there is no better time to do so many things when its totally apart. I didnt know a bike could look so ......naked!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/friesman1/85Venturerebuild_Nov11_08

Brian

Like I said before, you already paid for more parts, with the meals you had bought last weekend. The tricky part, will be timing the next US purchase, to get the best exchange rate possible.

BTW I picked up the solid motor mounts today, from the post office.

I am sure Rocket can get mine back together better than new.

Brian

After last weekend I thought you had a few screws loose:stickpoke:, I confirmed it today.......

All three retaining screws for your gear indicator switch were loose. That is why the leak & indication problems. There is also a small crack at one of the switch mounting holes (not in the engine casting), but that should not be a problem, as it goes to the outer edge. :2cents: