IGNORED

2755 Km's later and our new baby is home!

SilvrT

We left Vancouver Friday around 1PM, trailer in tow and drove thru the night arriving in Calgary around 9AM... we stopped several times to snooze and shared the driving. Got our new baby loaded up and then we hit the road for home around 2PM Saturday. Stopped over for the night in Cranbrook...hit the road around 4AM this morning ...got home roughly 5PM. I off-loaded the bike appx 100 km short of home and rode the rest of the way (rain mostly) but I didn't care... I LOVE THIS new scoot!!!

We left Vancouver Friday around 1PM, trailer in tow and drove thru the night arriving in Calgary around 9AM... we stopped several times to snooze and shared the driving. Got our new baby loaded up and then we hit the road for home around 2PM Saturday. Stopped over for the night in Cranbrook...hit the road around 4AM this morning ...got home roughly 5PM. I off-loaded the bike appx 100 km short of home and rode the rest of the way (rain mostly) but I didn't care... I LOVE THIS new scoot!!!

Congrats. She is a looker, Your wife too :rotf:

Now all you need to do is get rid of that little bike next to it in the garage.........:Im not listening to:Im not listening to

Congrats, nice looking ride...........Enjoy.

heh ... that's my son's '03 Anniversary Edition, Screamin Eagle Sporty 1200 .... he'd kill me if I ever harmed his BABY !

I had his scoot and my '87 in the garage and one of them had to go outside under a tarp to make room for the new RSMV ... guess which one lost? LOL

Guest tx2sturgis
I off-loaded the bike appx 100 km short of home and rode the rest of the way (rain mostly) but I didn't care... I LOVE THIS new scoot!!!

Reminds me of the last 2 motorcycles I bought new. In June of 2000 I purchased my new ElectraGlide, and hauled it home on a trailer. It was raining hard that day, and I was hauling the trade-in TO the dealer, and hauling the new Glide back home. Because the trailer I was using had a narrow metal ramp, and I was cautious of the slick narrow metal surface, I didnt want to risk dropping the brand new scoot while unloading it, so I had to enjoy simply looking at it for 2 days sitting on the trailer in the rain. Man, that sucks!

In August of 2007, I bought the new Venture, and I had the salesman ride it home for me, about 60 miles. I was riding the 2000 Electraglide, and the dealerships trailer was unavailable that day. The salesman followed me home, and his buddy picked him up and took him back home, but on the way into town the clouds were really getting with it. Exactly 30 minutes after he dropped it off, it started raining hard, and rained all night. This time, the bike was on the pavement, in my garage.

At about 3 in the morning, there was a break in the storm, and I wasnt going to risk not being able to ride the new scoot for 2 days AGAIN. So I leathered up and took the Venture for a nice long ride that night, actually morning, and got it nice and dirty.

In September of 2001, a good friend of mine bought a new HD Softail, and rode it home 300 miles in a freak storm that blanketed the area with hail. He ended up missing his turn on the dark, unlit roads in eastern New Mexico and went about 100 more miles out of the way, only able to barely see the road ahead. He got soaked, and hail bruised, but arrived home late that nite, still smiling, but thorougly chilled and waterlogged.

Its amazing what mother nature throws at the new bikes, and those of us who ride them.

yep... the rain...it rained hard last night and waddya know... back at work today.. the sun is out ... rest of the week calls for rain, rain, and more rain... guess I'll be looking at the new scoot for a few days..mebbe the rest of the winter ..arrggghhhhhhh!!!

Oh well.. gives me time to tinker :thumbsup2:

BTW, guess I'll be lookin for the "I-basket" change... this puppy is a whiner (aka a chirper). No biggie...figgured I'd put a few thousand on her before I deal with that.

CHROME !

:rotf:

I didn't doubt that, Safety Chrome IS important, when Power isn't anymore ... :happy-emoticon::happy-emoticon::happy-emoticon:

But i've meant the Currency you refered to in "I'd put a few thousand on her before I deal with that." Would that Canadian or US Dollars ?

I didn't doubt that, Safety Chrome IS important, when Power isn't anymore ... :happy-emoticon::happy-emoticon::happy-emoticon:

But i've meant the Currency you refered to in "I'd put a few thousand on her before I deal with that." Would that Canadian or US Dollars ?

yes, I knew what you meant...guess I shoulda gave that answer.... that's hard to say.. my money is CAD but I'll probably buy stuff from both Canada & the USA so, if bought in the US, then I'd be paying in US so there's the exchange rate, etc... but it starts off as CAD out of my pocket so when it comes right down to it... in the end it's Canadian money ....

yes, I knew what you meant...guess I shoulda gave that answer.... that's hard to say.. my money is CAD but I'll probably buy stuff from both Canada & the USA so, if bought in the US, then I'd be paying in US so there's the exchange rate, etc... but it starts off as CAD out of my pocket so when it comes right down to it... in the end it's Canadian money ....

You're SOOOOO mean .... :stickpoke::stickpoke::stickpoke:

not to address my little Sidekick in my Posting .... :missingtooth::missingtooth::crackup::crackup:

I had his scoot and my '87 in the garage and one of them had to go outside under a tarp to make room for the new RSMV ... guess which one lost? LOL

You wouldn't dare put old faithful out would you ? what lack of gratitude.

The new scoot is a beauty though and we all know there comes a time in some riders lives when all show is more important then all go. Just don't forget old faithful I'm sure she still wants to stretch her legs once in awhile.

You wouldn't dare put old faithful out would you ? what lack of gratitude.

The new scoot is a beauty though and we all know there comes a time in some riders lives when all show is more important then all go. Just don't forget old faithful I'm sure she still wants to stretch her legs once in awhile.

The poor old girl will sit until spring and then be cleaned up, fixed up, and sold off to some lucky person. I will miss her ... I put a lot of "me" into that bike (was gonna say 'her' instead of 'that bike' but I knew somebody would jump on that LOL). She has served us very well.

Now, got a question for somebody... where the heck is the Auxilliary DC jack on the '06 ???