IGNORED

Who has aftermarket replacement pegs?

I was willing to spend the big $$$ on kyrukyan (or how ever they spell their name) footpegs and adapters until I asked their tech support about peg adapters.

the response from them was " we dont carry peg adapters for your bike." they were unwilling to give me dimensions of the adapters they carry to see what would work just the "NO they will not work on your bike, it's too old."

Now I'm not interested in buying something from a company staffed by lazy or dumb people. so who has found an aftermarket footpeg that works to replace the worn out ones? it's a simple square male with a pin through it. They cant be some wierd size.

I was willing to spend the big $$$ on kyrukyan (or how ever they spell their name) footpegs and adapters until I asked their tech support about peg adapters.

the response from them was " we dont carry peg adapters for your bike." they were unwilling to give me dimensions of the adapters they carry to see what would work just the "NO they will not work on your bike, it's too old."

Now I'm not interested in buying something from a company staffed by lazy or dumb people. so who has found an aftermarket footpeg that works to replace the worn out ones? it's a simple square male with a pin through it. They cant be some wierd size.

Which peg are you talking about Tim?? If it's the toe shifter you need to start checking friendlier dealers. If it's the foot rest...good luck. I've never beeen able to get one of the rubber pads off, let alone get one on. I'd just keep checking Ebay for a set of pegs that don't look trashed. That's what I've done several times. I've even seen the toe shifters NOS.

Well, "I'M" looking for a set of passenger pegs for the 84 Venture... "someone" doesn't like the FLAT feel of the rear floorboards and I'm smart enough to "try and help"...

So if anyone has a set...

Mike Brood

mbrood@bergall.org

I just went out and checked my 'stash' Mike. Thought I had a set, but couldn't find any. If I'd had, you'da had 'm...

Story of my life.

Nothing about you Condor... I appreciate your thought.

I try and put everything in a labeled box and put tools away properly... and then find some odd tool or adapter "missing"... search and search and finally break down and buy one. Then I think, where should "this" go where I'll find it next time.

So I finally decide on some "special spot" and open the box or open that drawer and ... oh... you HAVE to be kidding me...

I have also found that when you have TWO... it's not impossible for both to be "lost".

Hopefully I am following you here: You want to go with a straight peg and get rid of the passenger boards - correct?

I am told that the Road Star mounts are the same 2" on center bolt pattern as the the RSTD (I don't own a Venture - but I would assume they are the same also). If that is the case then the picture that I am attaching (what's in the picture actually :>) should bolt right up. From there - you could put any peg on you wanted.

BTW - If you don't want a bundle - I might be interested in your old floor boards (I have a little experiment I want to try...):thumbsup2:

Shep

Well, "I'M" looking for a set of passenger pegs for the 84 Venture... "someone" doesn't like the FLAT feel of the rear floorboards and I'm smart enough to "try and help"...

So if anyone has a set...

Mike Brood

mbrood@bergall.org

For a set of stock pegs, check out ebay Item number: 280169981725

C $35.00 (approximately US $31.12)

Nope, I dont have floorboards. I have pegs that look like they have 35,000 miles on them, the rubbber is all tore up, they are scraped on the ends wher the PO was driving it like a racing crotch rocket, etc... I want to replace them with nicer pegs if possible. The Hardley guys have 10,000 choices (flames, skulls, flaming skulls, skulls with flames on them, etc...) and there has to be a set of pegs that will replace the existing pegs.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/category.asp?bn=metric&cn=Footpegs&sn=Footpegs%20and%20Boards&page=2

for example. they have adapters that go inside their pegs and fit a specific bike. The sales reps either dont understand what a ruler is or they refuse to measure any of their peg adapters and compare sizes.

So I was wondering if anyone has found replacement like those that will go right on the bike and fit right.