I don't see any need for that. The stock wires are 7MM Solid Copper Core. There would be nothing to gain by changing the size. Just Get Bulk Stock Belden wire, or whatever your auto parts local store carries.

Also, stick with the stock NGK Plugs,

Check the resistance, and condition of the Resistor Caps. See service manual for specs.

I played around with trying different wires while I doing my rebuild. I found that going to an 8mm wire caused a few problems with fitting the plug caps and coil caps. I would have had to shave down the outside of the wires or modify the caps to get them to fit properly.

The 7mm solid copper core wires are workhorse material. They stand up well. I can't see any reason to change them to anything else.

I picked up bulk wire from NAPA and new plug caps from the local bike shop along with new NGK plugs. My only change from stock has been going to the non-resistor plugs. Seem to last a little longer IMHO.

Wire and caps were less than $20.00. Can't beat that.

Ebay Link for spark plug wires

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220293209576

They worked really well for me.

Ride Safe,

Earl

Dave,

That was the set that I was telling you of on Ebay. I have bought a few sets from this guy and it's worked out very well. Might want to think about that set and do it over the winter :happy34: