IGNORED

Beer30, I've got a bone to pick with you!!!

Guest BluesLover

Avons are going on mine in the spring, along with the tire pressure monitors...

BluesLover,

is it possible you picked up a nail or something and a slow leak weakened the tire enough to let go with the increased heat???

Guest BluesLover
Avons are going on mine in the spring, along with the tire pressure monitors...

BluesLover,

is it possible you picked up a nail or something and a slow leak weakened the tire enough to let go with the increased heat???

Anything is possible, but it wasn't a slow leak. Vicki (as well as the passenger in the bike ahead of us) both heard what they called the equivalent of the air brakes going off on a transport, so I am assuming that it just blew. Again, some high mileage, combined with some twists, some tar and chip, the weight of 2-up plus luggage ... who knows. Let me make a point here very clear: I am in no way blaming the Avon tire for what happened.

Cheers,

Guest BluesLover
You never did answer the question about if the stitches make ya purtier or worser!

Ah ah Rick, thanks for keeping me honest!!! ... I ain't purty to begin with, but with this new look at least I won't have to buy a mask for Halloween!!!

Cheers,

What is it with the black cherry RSVs. Including mine last year, I have seen more black cherry's wrecked in the past year than any other color. I guess it's true; they are just so darned fast they try to fly, and we're not pilots !!! So glad you are on the mend. Looks like the bike can be fixed. Good luck !!