IGNORED

Carb diaphragm springs

Here's one I hope someone's run into, just got 4 new carb diaphragms for the 83, changed over the needles and low and behold the diaphragm springs will not go to the bottom of the plastic barrel, goes in fine about an inch, then hits a lip. Waiting for Zanotti to call back to see if they have any insight, can't believe this is right as the springs fit fine in the originals, part # is 41r-14940-00-00.

No, it's not good. I fear that Yammy is phasing out the parts entirely. Diaphragms for my 87 Virago are no longer available, haven't been for years. I just ordered some rear suspension bushings and most was available, but one of the thrust washers or seals (don't remember which) is no longer available - period. I bet all the parts are headed in that direction. Just my guess.

Jeremy

No, it's not good. I fear that Yammy is phasing out the parts entirely. Diaphragms for my 87 Virago are no longer available, haven't been for years. I just ordered some rear suspension bushings and most was available, but one of the thrust washers or seals (don't remember which) is no longer available - period. I bet all the parts are headed in that direction. Just my guess.

Jeremy

Yeah, you're probably right on Jeremy. Luckily there's always Ebay, Salvage yards, and Yamaha did built a ton of VR's to feed them. I do think we'll still keep seeing NOS stuff appearing on the market for a very long time. And it's not a bad idea to have a parts bike in your hip pocket.. :whistling:

After many phone calls, e-mails and trips to two dealers it seems that the diaphragms they're showing for an 83 won't accept the original 83 springs, they're just a hair bigger than the later models, I found out that if you buy the diaphragm kit, they include the later springs which fit properly. The tech at the 1 dealer I went to was aware of the problem and was able to get me 4 used ones. Thanks to all for responses.

Oh my gosh, the price has gone up 50% in the last 16 months!

Jeremy

That ain't no good..:bawling:

With the US dollars performance against other currencies, no wonder & current economic times will probably mean, more of the same..........

:bang head::mo money::mo money: